1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

remove autopartition

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by g8gt2012, Apr 14, 2010.

1. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Hey, I was wondering if the auto-partition feature for UDv10 could be removed by formatting the sdcard or if I have to go into something more complex. Also, for removing droid swap, is that just a simple uninstall?
  2. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

So any idea on how to remove this? I don't really know how to use adb and since I don't plan on using droid swap, I'd just rather get rid of the partition.
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

not familiar with the app2sd thing. i would guess formatting the card would work, just save what you need to your pc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

Formatting your card should work.
  5. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

OK, was wondering because in the process of setting up the auto partition it seemed like it was just for droid swap. Any way to know I succeeded?
  6. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

By looking at the size of available memory.
    Or download a partition manager and look there. I use paragon. Makes partitioning easy if u decide to go back to stock.
  7. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Oh OK cool, thanks for the help and info. What would be the benefit of partitioning? I never understood why people do it on computer hard-drives.
  8. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Well on your droid partitioning of course would be for apps2sd, or a swap file. Swap files have been instrumental in the desire rom.

On computers youd use it for OS switching and things like that. Or keeping one partition for the OS and the rest for stored data to help with fragmentation.
  9. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Ah OK, I've always just used the hdd as a whole unit and not worried about it. But that makes sense for the apps2sd thanks for clearing that up for me.