Remove APK files...

Reaction score
I remember seeing in a thread recently, instructions on how to backup the Droid to SD card and wiping it then restoring it while leaving all the apk files on the SD card clearing off a lot of space on the internal memory.

Could someone post this again or link to the step by step instructions? I thought that the APKs were just expanded when the app installed but from this I take it that they do not. This is rather annoying since, due to the Android limitation of only installing on internal memory, space is limited for apps.

Reaction score
to backup all of your apps you can either use Astro or titanium backup. i prefer titanium backup because you can restore the market links with the payed version.

using astro go into it hit the menu key ---> tools ---> Application Manager/Backup then hit the check mark at the very top to automatically check all of your apps. then click backup.

For titanium backup go into it hit the menu key ----> batch ----> backup all user apps

and there ya go :)

J*Bishop

Reaction score
to backup all of your apps you can either use Astro or titanium backup. i prefer titanium backup because you can restore the market links with the payed version.

using astro go into it hit the menu key ---> tools ---> Application Manager/Backup then hit the check mark at the very top to automatically check all of your apps. then click backup.

For titanium backup go into it hit the menu key ----> batch ----> backup all user apps

thx for the astro info. i just ran the backup.

Reaction score

thx for the astro info. i just ran the backup.

No problem :)

Riddick

Reaction score

You can restore the market links with the FREE version.

Reaction score

You can restore the market links with the FREE version.
oh my fault then, i thought it was only in the payed version, but i would still recommend getting the payed version because these guys put alot of work into it and deserve the apps.