remove Amazon window from g5 screen that wants me to set up an amazon account on s5

jcorvan

Reaction score
Just got the s5 -- upgrade from first year of Droid X. Now I am spending my time ridding the s5 of all the junk I do not want (i.e. marketing stuff). I don't buy music, books, stuff on the smartphone -- only apps and I don't want app ads.

anyway the screen to the right of the home screen has this big windw for amazon and a start here button. I do not want to purchase things from amazon on my phone. I cannot figure how to remove this from the screen so I can put other things there.

Please help.

Thanks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If it's Samsung bloat you will not be able to remove it. Have you tried to long press the icon and see if you get a delete message?

Or, go to settings> apps> all, find the app and try deleting it there.

steelman52

Reaction score
Install a different launcher. I use Go Launcher myself, and have for many years. You can customize your screens any way you want. The nice thing is that you can go to a different brand of phone and after installing and setting up the launcher the new phone is familiar again and much easier to navigate. I've had Motorola, HTC, and now Samsung and have no problems navigating because I've used Go Launcher on all of them.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Long press on it and drag it to the waste basket . It's just a widget like any other . And you can disable the app in the App controls.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Long press on it and drag it to the waste basket . It's just a widget like any other . And you can disable the app in the App controls.

Yep. Exactly this. That's the first thing I do on a new phone is move all the home screen apps to the trash.