Remote Transfer of Files from PC to Droid

MK17

Reaction score
So, I am looking for an app that will allow me to connect to my computer, wherever I am and give me the ability to download a file straight to my Droid. I'm also looking for an app that allows me to remote connect to my media, listen to it and give the ability to download it.

I have been doing a lot of searching but it seems I can't find anything that is the right for both solutions so far.

I looked at PhoneMyPC but it seems the only way I could transfer a file would be to send myself an email from the computer, which doesn't seem seamless enough for me to want to pay for the app.

Orb was sweet, but I have no access to my documents and no ability to download the music to the Droid (that I know of)

I couldn't get RDP to work, but it seems like I would be in the same situation as PhoneMyPC.

G-Mote only works over wifi...

Anyone have any ideas to offer? Having the ability to download to the Droid is my main priority and being able to listen to music, view pics, is secondary.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
I do not know of an app that can do this but i have another solution...

Any document or file I may need I backup to my documents in google services and then launch it. I use this for any document I need and works fine. Im not sure to do about your music situation though.

OP
M

MK17

Reaction score
Never heard of "PhoneToMyPC", but have you tried PhoneMyPC?

Yeah, that too lol. I've been working on this for a while and working on little sleep...

Original post edited

OP
M

MK17

Reaction score
So you can pull files from your computer to your droid on 3G with that.

I've had trouble getting my phone to connect with 3G in general, but no problems with wifi

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you can pull files from your computer to your droid on 3G with that.

I've had trouble getting my phone to connect with 3G in general, but no problems with wifi

You can use wi-fi or 3G. Tutorials for both on included. There is also a separate help thread listed in the OP.

xlr8bigmike

Reaction score
you could use Google Docs. You can upload any type of file now. and then use the Gdocs app.

OP
M

MK17

Reaction score
Google Docs is awesome, just not what I'm looking for.

I'm going to try to set up an FTP Server on my source computer and see if I can get to it with ES File Manager.

KZI, I have followed the thread and read the separate thread, but I have never seen anything for browsing your computer files from the droid.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Docs is awesome, just not what I'm looking for.

I'm going to try to set up an FTP Server on my source computer and see if I can get to it with ES File Manager.

KZI, I have followed the thread and read the separate thread, but I have never seen anything for browsing your computer files from the droid.

If you wanting to be able to pull files remotely (as in your nowhere near the computer) you're better off using something like DropBox it will be more secure than leaving your home machine running an FTP server all day. (if you want to use DropBox PM me your email and I'll send you an 'invite' that will give both of us extra space).

As for the ftp if you'll be using a local computer (i.e. you're physically near the computer) you don't need to see the files 'from the phone' because you will u/l them from the computer.

kevsauce

Reaction score
Probably not what you're looking for but I thought I'd throw it in there: Subsonic is an app (and you have to install it on your comp too) that remotely streams music and such to your Droid. It works pretty well if you don't want to store your entire music library on there.

Russell

Reaction score
Been researching this also. While I haven't had time to try it yet... SugarSync looks promising. 2gb free

jimmiem

Reaction score
Does the browser let you download files from websites? Dropbox is supposed to be coming out with a native app, but in the meantime you could log in to your dropbox account and use the download link on any files you need.