remote s4

droidworld

Reaction score
Are their remotes for things other than tvs and computers. Like for a sound box

lancelanz

Reaction score
I use an app called "smart remote". I control my directv receiver, TV, surround sound, blu-ray player and my Xbox with it.

lancelanz

Reaction score
I just used the category called audio/video equipment for the surround sound. I don't remember how I set up the Xbox.

kwayit

Reaction score
Which Smart Remote? The one that I tried, Smart TV Remote from Adiroid wants an IP address.... which seems to defeat the need and use of IR. IR shouldn't need an IP address to do anything.

lancelanz

Reaction score
Damn! I just searched the play store and it isn't there anymore. Most of the remote apps use wifi to control network devices. That's most likely why it was asking for an I.p.

kwayit

Reaction score
Yeah, I paid for a game that isn't there any more. I understand. I don't want to use WiFI to control an IR device... These devices are making my life so much easier <sic>

kwayit

Reaction score
Yeah, I paid for a game that isn't there any more. I understand. I don't want to use WiFI to control an IR device... These devices are making my life so much easier <sic>

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Damn! I just searched the play store and it isn't there anymore. Most of the remote apps use wifi to control network devices. That's most likely why it was asking for an I.p.

So back to square 1 again. Just thought it would be nice to have a remote that control pretty much everything TV sound and gaming too if possible