Remote Desktop w/Bluetooth or local Wifi connect

romeov

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm researching like crazy, but thinking someone might be able to speed up my search on this.

I'm looking for a remote desktop app for the Android that uses (or is able to use) a bluetooth connection to connect. Or if that's not possible, a local wifi connection, ie: direct from my droid to my computer's wireless card, using only my local area connection.

Does anyone know an app that will do this?

It needs to give me the full screen of my computer, so nothing like Gmote or any remotes used for media centers will work for this project. I'd also like it to keep my screen on the computer while I use it, instead of locking it up.

Basically PhonemyPC but without having to use the internet to do so.

My reasons? I'm trying to connect to and control my Carputer running Centrafuse in my Eclipse. So that I can leave the car running, go outside of it, and pull up the full screen to push buttons and control the car's media center (and more) or even from the back seat. You know.. for the ladies :) Without having to send every command over 3g to verizon's servers, back out to a tower, and back into my carputer, slowing things waaay down. Thanks!

bullhonkie

Reaction score
A VNC program might be able to meet your needs. Try running RealVNC as the server on your PC end and download android-vnc-viewer or Remote VNC from the Market for your phone and give it a go.

OP
romeov

romeov

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, this doesn't seem to apply yo what I need as A. It's for a mac (I have a PC) B. it doesn't seem to be an actual live streaming remote PC type of program, more like a monitoring program that sends you screenshots and data every few minutes, and finally.. from what I can tell their app is for ipod only, no android.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but thanks anyways