Remote Desktop Question Please help...

FenomUSA

Reaction score
Hello im not a server guy and im new to the rdp stuff but...

I run windows vista premium 64bit so i can't host only be a client... but i know there has to be third party programs that are user friendly to become host. I tried that termsrv hack to make my os be able to host like in ultimate but didnt seem to do anything

Can anybody help me get this setup so i can use remote desktop it would be greatly appreciated...thanks

OP
F

FenomUSA

Reaction score
Ok i downloaded real vnc and android vnc app..my next problem i think is im at college so there prob blocking port 5900 used for vnc bc it still not connecting...any clue what to do now

Jeremy556

Reaction score
If your computer is behind NAT, or most firewalls, they are going to block VNC and RDP's ports. You are going to have to use something that originates a connection from your PC to an outside service, that hands off the connection from your mobile device to be able to get through a university's firewall.

OP
F

FenomUSA

Reaction score
such as hopster or do you know any programs that will allow me to do this too allow me to get around the firewall and open this port.. thanks for the assistance by the way

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
I haven't used the VNC app yet, so i dont' know for sure, but you should be able to changed the ports used by VNC on the host, I always change them to port 22 and then encrypt the connection :) And if you have access to the firewall, port forwarding goes a long way when connecting from the outside world...

Jeremy556

Reaction score
I don't know of anything that will do it, though it is a common issue, so I'm sure there are ways.

Do you have any computers directly connected to the Internet and/or that you have access to the firewall? You could setup a VPN server, probably need a Pro version of a windows client to do that, though.