Remote Desktop Apps?

mfendley

Reaction score
Mouse Operation

The instrructions say to Hold your DPAD or Trackball while dragging to drag the mouse.

I have a Samsung Galaxy TAB, that has neither a DPAD nor Trackball. Any other way dragging can be accomplished?

MrLich

Reaction score
Team Viewer

Is no one else using Team Viewer? I found it, found that there's a portable app version, and that it works on Droids, Macs, and PCs... everything I want/need and all for free.

Reaction score
@mfendly,

* Window view on the phone
There is currently no way to view only a single window like that, but yours is a fantastic idea with great possibilities. I have added this to our research queue and we will look into it.

* Dragging with the mouse
--Press your devices Search (magnifying glass) button to show the cursor (or press any other button if you have re-mapped this feature in settings)

--Position the cursor for the drag operation

--Tap the cursor on your devices screen. It will turn red, indicating that the primary mouse button is being held down

--Move the cursor to perform the drag

--Tap the cursor again to release the mouse button (it will turn white)

We are soon to add a toolbar on which you will be able to put click, right-click, and click lock buttons. This will make mouse use much simpler.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this thread; we have been 'heads down' on major (and very cool) updates, coming soon to all markets near you :)

leonsb3

Reaction score
SFM, this is by far the best phone to pc app out there for ease of use quality, ui, speed you name it! I am installing it on our laptops in our fleet vehicles to be able to assist our drivers in the field... I show everyone how this works and its the biggest eye catching/performance app on my phone. I'll stop now but I just had to say thanks!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ill check it out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
@leonsb3,

Outstanding! Thank you for the fantastic feedback. Please be sure to tell us what needs to be improved as well--we like to keep our work queue full :)

When we try out other products and compare them to PhoneMyPC, we like ours best too--but that's because it's features and operation are what customers have requested and not what some planning or business person chose.

The best part is: we're not even close to done. We have a long list of updates (some very soon) that will improve ease of use, speed and overall capability as well.

Thanks again, and watch out for updates!

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I asked this when I first got my droid too.. A colleague told me about Team Viewer. Its an app for android and iphone, and a program for mac, pc and linux. Completely free. As long as the remote computer is on and the program is running, you can connect. You don't need to know ip addresses, port numbers our anything technical, just a user id and password. and of you run dual monitors you can easily switch from primary to secondary. Our also has a built in file transfer to go from remote chimp to your comp/phone. Its not on the market, just go to teamviewer.com. And no I'm not endorsed by them, I'm just that impressed with it, because I've been looking for over a year.

Sorry if this was already brought up, I can't read they 96 posts on my phone...

Sent from my Droid with Swype using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Team Viewer is indeed a great app. They currently have a Beta for Android, and they do have free versions for non-commercial use on most platforms. I believe their cost for "pro" is $99.

Our tests showed it to be slower than PhoneMyPC, and of course it does not have most of the features; it does only what PhoneMyPC calls "Interact Live," which is by far the most used feature.

Nonetheless, this is the best part of the the world of apps: there are lots of choices!

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Sorry, didn't know this was an advertisement/support thread, I only read the first post bout them asking for apps…

And I would check out PhoneMyPC, but it doesn't say it works on Mac, which is key for me.

Reaction score
@bazar6,

You're quite right about what this thread is about; sorry if my posts seemed off topic. We tend to get over enthusiastic--even providing setup support for the OTHER remote apps, when we see posts for them :)

Sorry about the lack of Mac support, we just haven't had time yet. It is on our list, however.