Remote Desktop Apps?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Steveindajeep, Nov 10, 2009.

1. mike

mike Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thank you very much! I've been hoping like crazy for an Android Logmein app - now I don't need it. Your product, which I just bought, works very well. Question: will I need to pay more when the program goes out of beta? Another question: how do you right-click?

For the rest of you guys:

THIS PROGRAM UTILIZES PINCH ZOOM!!!!!!

YEEE HAW

2. mike

mike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No kidding.

3. Mach1Club

Mach1Club New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man any chance of getting a step by step on this PhoneMyPC program for the Motorola Droid, Im reading this thread and see Ive got a long way to go on the learning curve, been stuck on a Blackberry to long so Im lost.

So am I correct in saying if I want to connect with my Droid to my home computer and add MP3 files or anything else to my droid PhoneMyPC will do this for me?

Im sure a step by step from one of you geniuses would be appreciated by many to come! :)

Also what are the security issues if any?

#51 Mach1Club, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mach1Club,

No. PhoneMyPC does not support file copy at this time, or sound.

What it does do is let you see and control your PC through your phone, from anyplace.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC

5. Mach1Club

Mach1Club New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got any suggestions for being able to connect to my home computer from my droid from anywhere in the usa? Thanks for the update.

6. Budman17r

Budman17r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure how helpful this would be it was pretty easy to setup.

Install on phone
    Install on Computer

On phone go to the menu and settings Put a username/pass.
    On computer Right click the icon in the notification area (near time)
    Put in SAME username/pass. And Computer name.

Close the program on the droid, and reopen (after hitting ok on the PC version)

Tadaa.

I returned the program waiting for logmein. 9.99 seemed excessive as well It was nice (It was hard to click on things in the phone however even zoomed in.

7. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you try "Full Cursor Mode"?

Using your finger in pan/zoom mode can be tough, unless you zoom in a bit.

But, if you press your Search button, a mouse cursor appears that you can move with your finger. It is much more accurate, and we'll be adding zoom to this mode (2-finger) in a near-term release.

Also about sensitivity: given the different densities of the screens, we're adding preferences for speed and sensitivity of pan and cursor movement.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! This is the stuff that helps us make the software better!

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC

P.S. FYI About LogMeIn. I too use this on my PC's. However, their software will never be as feature-rich as PhoneMyPC will be, it costs $29.99 on the iPhone App Store, and ex-iPhone users we've spoken to said it had memory problems and took too long to log-in.

8. silenceforus

silenceforus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased phonemypc last nigjt, couldn't get it to authorize, and emailed the company. They replied rapidly. I had the program this morning, and ive. Played with it a bit.

Its amazing. Coolest app on my droid. I can access my laptop anywhere is long as its hooked up to the net, I use my laptop. As a media center hooked up to my tv and there's a mode that allows you to just use your screen us a touch mouse pad type thing and control it like a wireless mouse or keyboard would.

The posibillities are endless with this thing. Ill never have to worry that I left something on my other computer as long as its on the net, I can just log in and email it to myself or whatever.

The pinch zoom is gorgeous, the search button and direct mouse control feature makes accuracy not an issue

I will be able to do presentations and use my phone as the clicker. Its an awesome app. Easily worth the 10 spot

9. BeefyBeefo

BeefyBeefo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a man of my word. I got an early upgrade and this is my first software purchase. So far? AWESOME! :icon_ banana: I will post some further thoughts after using it for a week or two.

The great reviews in the Marketplace and around this forum combined with the customer service makes for an excellent product. Customer service is one thing I'm a stickler about, and I thank you for providing excellent service. :icon_ banana::motdroidvert:

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    if you only new how incredible this phonemypc is you'd crap!!! it's worth double!!!

11. smolander

smolander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the post on firewall settings, so I'm comfortable my pc could become accessible.

However, my pc is set up to go into sleep mode. The user remains logged in, but needs to authenticate to restore the desktop.

Will I be able to connect to my pc in sleep mode? Then authenticate as a user on that workstation?

If the answers are yes, then I will be buying this app today. Many times I need a file on my home/work computer. This way I could open a mail session and email the file to my work computer / Droid. Now THAT would be really cool.

12. BzB

BzB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    if your computer is in sleep mode it will need physical prompt, like pushing the power button, to 'wake up'. no remote access program will do that for you.

if you leave your computer powered up, but lock the desktop which requires authentication to unlock it, then phonemypc will not work in it's current version. in this case you're better off with one of the rdp apps that can connect to your computer and allow you to log in using windows credentials.

Search tags for this page
droid app for remote desktop connection
droid rdc apps that use native keyboard

droid remote desktop

motorola droid remote desktop
rdp app for droid
rdp for droid
remote desktop app for droid

remote desktop droid

remote desktop with droid
top remote desktop software for droid