Remote Dekstop Connection app help

ska8r411

Reaction score
Hey.Hope this is in the right spot since i need help with the app and not the pc part.
So I bought "Remote Desktop Client" from the Market only to find out Microsoft is a bit G*Y and they disabled the option for Windows Vista AND WIN 7 home or home premium users to allow there pcs to act as a host.
So the app was usless until I found this grand stream dreams: Run Windows Remote Desktop Connection on Win7 “Home” editions – Updated

Iv got all installation steps on the Computer done but i dont know what to type in my droid where it asks,"Address" and ("Domain"<--says thats optional)
Its supposed to be a ip but the universal 192.168.1.1 didnt work.
And when I put my user name it in it looks like "[email protected]" when I can choose what to connect to.
Any help with the correct info I need to type would be amzing!
thanks so much.

jbeach66

Reaction score
you need you outside ip address

The ip address you are using is your internal network ip address, you need to know your external address. Go to ipchicken.com and it will show your public ip address. Depending on your set up, you may need to change settings in your router to forward all rdp traffic to that internal ip address.

OP
ska8r411

ska8r411

Reaction score
The ip address you are using is your internal network ip address, you need to know your external address. Go to ipchicken.com and it will show your public ip address. Depending on your set up, you may need to change settings in your router to forward all rdp traffic to that internal ip address.
Tryd the ipchicken and changed the settings to that.But it did not work.
And I wasnt able to Find where to forward all rdp traffic to the internal.

Thanks

OP
ska8r411

ska8r411

Reaction score
Try following the steps listed in the following web page

How to configure a router for remote desktop
Ok,so I set my router up. And just to double check...The number it gives me from ipchicken.com goes ON THE ROUTER TABLE or on my droid app where it asks for address. I have two connections set up,one with 192.168.1.100 set up in the app under address and the other under the address it gave me from the website.
But the 192.***** Says "No Route To Host" on the app
The one with the ip from the site entered in on the app just never connects.
Im sorry if thats long but im hoping to get this working.

kyeana

Reaction score
Try following the steps listed in the following web page

How to configure a router for remote desktop
Ok,so I set my router up. And just to double check...The number it gives me from ipchicken.com goes ON THE ROUTER TABLE or on my droid app where it asks for address. I have two connections set up,one with 192.168.1.100 set up in the app under address and the other under the address it gave me from the website.
But the 192.***** Says "No Route To Host" on the app
The one with the ip from the site entered in on the app just never connects.
Im sorry if thats long but im hoping to get this working.

The number from ipchicken.com goes on your droid (while trying to initiate the remote desktop connection) and on the router you want to forward the traffic to your computer internal ip address (the 192.168.1.* one). If you have a dynamic ip address (you almost defenatally will) the external ip address (the one on the droid) is subject to change randomly. I am currently working on a basic program that will send out an email notification whenever your external ip address changes, so you will always know what your external ip address is. Ill post in these forums when it's done.

Also, make sure you computer is set up to accept incoming connections (System > Remote > Allow remote desktop connection, if im not mistaken. I'm not on a windows machine right now to verify that).

If you need any other help, post back here. :)

GrapFiled

Reaction score
Heyyyy i have it

:biggrin: its easy nothin internet any chickens...

left click on wifi miniature on main-panel , right click on your wifi ->status , then particulars -> IPV4<-yours ip (tested funken)

Last edited: