Remote connect from Droid to PC or PC to Droid

chuckiek

Reaction score
Remote connect from Droid to PC or PC to Droid

Is this possible to do?

Thanks

zasran

Reaction score
What kind of connection? There's ssh client ConnectBot, there's Vincent to mount disks over network (Widnows, i.e. CIFS/Samba) and number of other network tools...

ero

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
EStrongs will allow transfer/explore of PC from Droid...

PhonemyPC allows control of PC from phone...

i use both.... :)

joeyspindler

Reaction score
It is totally possible and i am still in shock of how great i works.
app is called PHONEMYPC it works great can completly control my laptop. and you can connect to more than one pc. i.e. home, work, desktop etc. it costs 10 bucks but well worth it. Hope this helps!!!

pigpen

Reaction score
I'm running Pureftpd on my gentoo box at home. I'm running AndFTP client on my Droid. I'm also using AndExplorer on the Droid for directory access and file renaming if needed. I can connect my phone to my system at any time, locally on my LAN or from the www. At home on my Lan i'm getting like a 1 MB/sec download. Out on the web i'm pulling down around 500 KB/sec.

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
Ive been trying Estrongs but every time I try to connect it gives me the network path not found message.

GBH2

Reaction score
Ive been trying Estrongs but every time I try to connect it gives me the network path not found message.
Estrong works nice for what it does.

Make sure you have the correct ip adress, it can change. And make sure you have correctly enabled "file sharing" on the pc.

Duganz

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased my Droid today :)

If I use the two apps mentioned: EStrongs and PhonemyPC

Would I be able to stream movies saved on my computer on my phone?

TIA

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I'm running Pureftpd on my gentoo box at home. I'm running AndFTP client on my Droid. I'm also using AndExplorer on the Droid for directory access and file renaming if needed. I can connect my phone to my system at any time, locally on my LAN or from the www. At home on my Lan i'm getting like a 1 MB/sec download. Out on the web i'm pulling down around 500 KB/sec.

im having trouble connecting to my freebsd box with pure-ftp & ANDftp....

i think it has to do with my pures Passive mode or something.. i can use explorer on my win pc from work to connect to my ftp, but i have to uncheck passive mode in folder options.. i tried to enable passive on pure but its not working.. im kinda agitated... maybe ill update PURE

tono80

Reaction score
Estrong works nice for what it does.

Make sure you have the correct ip adress, it can change. And make sure you have correctly enabled "file sharing" on the pc.

And how exactly does one "make sure you have the correct ip address?