Remote camera view on phone from home security dvr

nerdles1

Reaction score
Going to purchase cctv dvr that says it is Supports All Java and Windows Mobile based Phones. I am wondering if it would work with droid. I am also wondering what droids base system is. I currently have a geovision dvr card and can access and login to my page but there is no video.

romeov

Reaction score
The Droid runs Android obviously.. but what you're probably looking for is that it runs a modified version of the Linux kernel. I don't know, from what it seems, you're probably out of luck for now as I would guess your video streams run on flash from the web based login page.

I would suggest getting phonemypc from the market and using it to view your camera feeds remotely from your home computer. not perfet but workable.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Going to purchase cctv dvr that says it is Supports All Java and Windows Mobile based Phones. I am wondering if it would work with droid. I am also wondering what droids base system is. I currently have a geovision dvr card and can access and login to my page but there is no video.

There's an app called IP CAM VIEWER that handles a lot of different cameras and DVRs. The author has been responsive in setting up compatibility with new cameras/dvrs when given temporary access to your device. May be something you want to look into:

Hit-Mob.com • View topic - IP Cam Viewer

IP Cam Viewer v2.7.1 Application for Android | Productivity

Otherwise you may have to wait until Flash comes to Android.

OP
N

nerdles1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'm checking both options. I did see that flash may be comming soon. Thx again!!

studs525

Reaction score
i'm going to buy a home dvr recording surveliance system. does any one recommend a certain kind that i can view over my droid? has any one done this yet? any help would be appreciated. i don't want to be the first to do this but, if i half to i will thanks steve

OP
N

nerdles1

Reaction score
The only way I have found is to use phonemypc with any cctv dvr that you are able to view on your pc. I am currently waiting on a cctv dvr that I ordered that is supposed to support all smartphones. I do not beleive that it will work on the droid because it is so new. I will post what happens within the next week. I just found a program called total control android vidcam that looks like it works with android phone but I have yet to try it. If anyone in this forum knows anything about totalcontrol program let me know.

OP
N

nerdles1

Reaction score
Here is what I found out. I ordered cctv dvr that said all smart phone compatible when I looked at instruction manual it only had symbian and windows based instructions nothing for droid. However when I set it up and logged in over network I had an option to use jpeg viewer. That was the ticket it works great. I cant use ptz controls but I can view each camera individually (no multiview) and thats all I ever wanted to do. The jpeg viewer is key if your dvr does not have it than only options you have are what we discussed earlier in thread.

studs525

Reaction score
thanks

what kind of cctv dvr system did you by that works with the droid i think i will get the same one. if you get a chance please email me or post it on here. i want to by a dvr in the next week or so but it must work on my droid. i am worried that i won't be able to view my dvr on my droid because just about every company on the net can't give me a yes that it will work. thanks steve [email protected]

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The app IP Camera Viewer will work with Geovision cards. Just set mine up today and works nice.

blitzburgh11

Reaction score
UStream Workaround

There is another way to view obsolete or hard to find TV Tuner Cards (PC) or DVRs.

Since the release of the UStream Viewer app, you can simply set up an account on UStream. Make your channel private and password protected. Then broadcast your DVR through your PC. Select the video feed you want to use and you're good.

If you can't get your TV Tuner to work and show video on UStream, you can use ManyCam. It is free with a watermark on it. Install this, run it, then run UStream. In the video input field in UStream select ManyCam.

Then download the UStream Viewer app on your Droid and log in to your channel.

I know it's not 100% secure, but nothing really is. For me I don't care too much. The cameras are of the outside of my house. I use it for when I'm travelling or on vacation. I can log in using the UStream app and check in on the house. It sets the nerves at ease. Plus I have a email notifier of my house alarm. Basically, when I get an instant message of my alarm going off, I log in to the cameras to check things out. Works well.