Not open for further replies.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I've got a MotoDroid, and Mac (but not an iPhone lol). My buddy with an iPhone and a PC has a free app that lets him completely control his computer, as long as its hooked up to the internet. Like I'll be watchin the mouse move and him typing a document on his comp screen, but across the room on his phone. And I want to be able to do that too. But I haven't found anything like that. I've seen the VLC download ones, but the free servers aren't available for Mac, and I can't find anything else. Does anyone know of an app that will do what I want it to do? I have the RemoteDroid that only controls the mouse and keyboard, but I have to be watching the computer to see what I'm doing. I'd even be willing to pay a small fee if I knew that it would work with no problems, especially on my Mac. Any comment is greatly appreciated, thanks!

pigpen

Reaction score
I use Remote VNC Pro. was like $5 bucks. Just enable screen sharing in system preferences, and set a password in the computer settings button under Screen Sharing: On pane. After you've got that set up, make sure screen sharing is enabled in the firewall. Security > Firewall > Advanced. Then on your droid load your info and connect. You'll get your Mac Desktop and be able to manipulate anything on your mac system remotely.

As a note, i've got the machine that i vnc into in the DMZ in my router. Since my machines firewall is up, its easier to manipulate ports on just the system, than the system and the router.

OP
bazar6

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Now I'm on Leopard with a MacBook Pro. I don't see anywhere in the System Preferences pane about screen sharing, and the advanced tab in firewall just asks me about firewall logging and stealth mode. Do I have to have Apples Remote Desktop? Also, did you have to buy the VNC sever from toremote? because that's what I thought I would have to do when lookin earlier, as well as buying the app for the phone.

Also, I saw someone wrote about androidvnc…*heard of it?

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to have apple's remote desktop... i just got mine set up using android vnc (free)

oser

Reaction score
you can try ActyMac DutyWatch Remote. nice prog for monitoring computer

kyeana

Reaction score
Connect Bot should be able to let you SSH into your Mac, although if you aren't a power user you probably wont find that helpful in the slightest...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you guys are going to discuss this could you please share what version OS you are using? I'd appreciate it. :)

OP
bazar6

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I was actually just told about TeamViewer. I can access my work and home computer, both mac and win xp, easily from my phone, and mac to win. It's pretty cool, I don't need to know anything about security measures or IP addresses or anything. It's pretty cool.

But I'll check out the ActyMac program too, thanks!

stallone110

Reaction score
Try using a R-HUB remote support server and let me know if this what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.