Reminders App WITHOUT USING CALENDAR

laurenjones93

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good app with a decent UI that I can use STRICTLY for reminders and not add anything to my calendar.. for example, if I want to be reminded to do my eyebrows at 10pm on Friday, but I don't want that in my calendar. Lol. Just an example so you got my point. Thanks guys!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Google Keep is pretty decent, its more of a note pad app but has reminder features. You can make them a single reminder or recurring.

Color Note is another awesome app. You can make notes or checklists and set reminders and assign different colors to each one.

I'm sure there are a ton of apps like this, but these are two that I use and are fairly simple UI's, not overly complicated.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You can also simply tell Google Now to remind you of things like this. As far as I know, it doesn't add it to the calendar.

I forgot all about Google Now. This might be different on some phones, but on mine I just set a Google Now reminder and it does show up in my Calendar. But it's a strange color, so I don;t know if it stays there after the event or if it's just the way Google Now stores it until it's time for the reminder to display.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's weird. How long from "now" did you set it? I just set one (through my watch) and it shows in google now, but not my calendar. I told it "remind me to check on reminders in 5 minutes."

I also just set one using GN on my phone "remind me to double check in 5 minutes" and that didn't show in my calendar either. I'm using Google Calendar. Not sure if that makes any difference. I would think this calendar would be MORE likely to have it show up in it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's weird. How long from "now" did you set it? I just set one (through my watch) and it shows in google now, but not my calendar. I told it "remind me to check on reminders in 5 minutes."

I also just set one using GN on my phone "remind me to double check in 5 minutes" and that didn't show in my calendar either. I'm using Google Calendar. Not sure if that makes any difference. I would think this calendar would be MORE likely to have it show up in it.

Found it Jonny! I use Google Calendar also (based on one of your posts a while back!). There is a setting In the menu options, under Calendars to sync / display "Reminders" is checked by default. As soon as I unchecked that one the Google Now reminder disappeared from my calendar.

So I agree with @Jonny Kansas , the Google Now app is another way to add reminders without affecting your calendar. I guess it depends on how you want to do set them...and if you want to use a note pad style app or use Google Now.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Found it Jonny! I use Google Calendar also (based on one of your posts a while back!). There is a setting In the menu options, under Calendars to sync / display "Reminders" is checked by default. As soon as I unchecked that one the Google Now reminder disappeared from my calendar.

So I agree with @Jonny Kansas , the Google Now app is another way to add reminders without affecting your calendar. I guess it depends on how you want to do set them...and if you want to use a note pad style app or use Google Now.
Awesome! I may have already turned that off on mine. If I want to put something in my calendar, I'll put it in my calendar. If I just need a reminder that's not as important, I use GN.

If you're looking for more detailed notes to go with your reminders, my personal app of choice is Google Keep as @sajokaz mentioned above, though I haven't tried Color Note.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, I can confirm that it works. I set a reminder for 5 minutes from the time I spoke, it did set the reminder but it was not included in my calendar. I didn't realize that was an option to opt in or opt out on the calendar for reminders. Apparently I must have unchecked that option at some point as well. Anyway, screen captures below and a picture of my watch giving me the reminder.

61fbde62f15c055dc84e9ba91cbed2fb.jpg

8c4c10bc57be72e6689742b4b7eb5863.jpg

2cb3808424ecb3bf43500fb953fb5c0c.jpg
d5c7c049e0118b0a103e6b019658606a.jpg
fa1b1e92bfdd5f1a67dc3ad94aaa5f93.jpg

Last edited:

nintendo1889

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Optimus L70
Any.do is great. Its really well thought out in how it can snooze reminders and you can add reminders with very few taps.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google Keep is pretty decent, its more of a note pad app but has reminder features. You can make them a single reminder or recurring.

Color Note is another awesome app. You can make notes or checklists and set reminders and assign different colors to each one.

I'm sure there are a ton of apps like this, but these are two that I use and are fairly simple UI's, not overly complicated.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I've been using Color Note for years. A nice feature besides its calendar and reminder ability is the sync between devices, both Android and ios. Great for those using dual platforms

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use Outlook for Android, but it does access the Google Calendar.

One way around that though is to schedule an email to yourself so you receive it when you need a reminder.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not sure which device you have, or which calendar app you're using, but most Android devices shouldn't alert you for a "calendar event" if it's set to silent or vibrate before going into a meeting. The only time my device bypasses that is if my alarm is set. Any other notification (whether it be text, email or calendar) will not (or, should not) "ring" through.
Welcome to the forum konftinet!

S5 tap'n

nintendo1889

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Optimus L70
I use Outlook for Android, but it does access the Google Calendar.

One way around that though is to schedule an email to yourself so you receive it when you need a reminder.

That seems like too many taps for a reminder. Does outlook support scheduling emails?

That's what i love about any.do, very few taps to create and snooze reminders versus a calendar.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That seems like too many taps for a reminder. Does outlook support scheduling emails?

That's what i love about any.do, very few taps to create and snooze reminders versus a calendar.

Yes, it lets you schedule emails. You don't have to use the calendar function. Scheduling is quite handy in my profession.