1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Released my first app..

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by droid nate, Oct 28, 2010.

1. droid nate

droid nate New Member

Hi Guys,
    I'm new to android development so I thought that I would try making a drawing program to test the waters. People on this forum seem to be a knowledgeable bunch so I thought I should ask for your opinion on how it came out. Its called scribble and this is the market link http://market.android.com/details?id=com.nj.Scribble

I thought that using the MotionEvent.getPressure() would be neat so drawing on the canvas is pressure sensitive. I did all the dev work on my droid X so I would be interested to know if anyone has interesting experiences with the touch sensitivity being different between devices.

I will appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I'm going to move this to the Applications section.....and I will try it out tomorrow on my D1 as well.
  3. gambitgirl

gambitgirl New Member

Downloaded, will have to try it out tomorrow. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Just tried it out on D1 and works pretty well. If you go steady and not too fast it stays smooth. If you go fast it lags a little and curves aren't smooth. Pressure sense works fine as well.

Sent from somewhere...
  5. droid nate

droid nate New Member

Thanks jstafford1 I'm working on the curves. Its good to know that it downloaded and installed correctly. If anyone can think of features that they would like added then they should let me know.
  6. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Did you use java to create this or some other program?

I'm trying to learn how to create games for android market and studying up on java so I was wondering if you could help out with anything really haha nice game :)
  7. droid nate

droid nate New Member

Hi Diordna,
    Yes I used java and the android sdk to make this app. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about android programming. I would recommend starting here for android basics. If you are past basics I would suggest going here for programing examples of simple apps.
  8. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Thank you:)

And I've been trying to understand it, like I got Eclipse to work with so I haven't got the SDK yet, still trying to get java itself down first lol.

How difficult was this app and how much lines of coding were necessary?
  9. droid nate

droid nate New Member

This app was pretty easy. It took me about a day to code and a full week to test and make sure it was polished enough to put on the market. I don't remember how many lines of code off the top of my head but the logic behind the app is pretty straightforward. Having a good base of computer science knowledge from my high school AP class was definitely useful.
  10. Diordna

Diordna New Member

I'll bump this cause I want a response nate :)
    I really want to create games and I found this great tutorial on youtube also, he's real popular with it too called "TheBostonMan"

Nate how hard would it be to do a more action game from this one?

EDIT: Dude that was awesome I posted this and then I saw that you posted not even 5 minutes before this, freaking weird man!
  11. Diordna

Diordna New Member

But anyways yes I really do want to create stuff, more of addicting simple platform games though. Thats what I want to know more of :)