[Release] xUltimate

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by xeudoxus, May 25, 2010.

1. xran_deex

xran_deex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem that I foresee is that originally the odex files were removed after the deodexed files were pushed to the device. This was simple, because the odex files all had the odex extension. But, if the original files are pushed to the device, won't the deodexed files still be there? Wouldn't that also prevent the ota update? Can the app and framework folders be cleared before the odexed files are pushed? I am afraid some problems would occur when completely emptying those folders prior to pushing the odex files, but maybe not since the system would be stopped. I actually have no idea and am too afraid to try it. I'm happy nothing goes wrong when the original files are just pushed back.

Sent from my DROIDX

2. Goose71

Goose71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get thru steps 1 and 2 fine, but when i do step 3 i get(in red text):

ERROR! Something Happened??? FIX IT!!
    Press any key to continue...

I just updated to 2.3.340, rooted with z4root and otherwise stock. what could it be? any ideas?

3. colchiro

colchiro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know deodexing with 928Droid fails, I assume b/c your installing a theme, but I wonder if 928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-Odexed would work?

4. orion11

orion11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my understanding of it: when you pull the files to get deodexed, it only pulls the ones associated with an odex, not all the files need to be deodexed. then it deodexes the necessary ones and when you copy those back to the directory, it overwrites the original file. and then you need to remove the odexs becuase that information is now included in the deodexed apks.
    SO, now when you copy the origi_app/frame files, they will overwirte the existing deodexed apks and the corresponding odexs will copy over as well.
    IF you delete the directory and the copy the folder, you will be deleting the files that never needed to be deodexed and therefore are not included in the origi_ folders, and you will get stuck at bootloop. ( at least that is what happened to me when i tried doing all that with root explorer one time. learned my lesson)

colchiro's idea will most likely work as well, and probably does the same thing but in one nice 'n easy .zip.

OH, and after doing this (and fixing my build.prop after) , i was able to receive and instal the OTA 2.3.340 which is now running on my phone.
    Good luck to you. Take your time, do research until you feel comfortable and remember ALWAYS make a backup.

p.s. after you get the ota up and running, DONT push back the done_app/frame which you used to deodex last time. its a new system so you need to re deodex over again otherwise you'll bootloop and need to flash hte system sbf (like i did when it skipped my mind lol)

5. 1jklange

1jklange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I am setting up the deodexing on my computer with my phone hooked up I get to the cmd prompt part and try to set the rest of it up. This is where I get an error. Do I have to have something installed on my computer so that cmd's work with the phone?

6. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you working from your android tools folder?

7. 1jklange

1jklange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, how do I get there to use those?

8. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Extract XUltimate to your android\tools folder and work from there.

9. 1jklange

1jklange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Extract it there from the start? Then follow all the steps?

10. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah
    (10 char)

11. colchiro

colchiro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'll have to have:
    • the Motorola drivers installed
    • Android SDK installed
    • add the android tools folder to your Windows path (makes everything forward easier) OR copy files to your tools folder.
    • open a command prompt (Start... programs... accessories... command prompt). Type the letter of the drive you extracted your files. For most people this will be C:, then press enter. Then CD followed by the path to your tools folder. For me that would be CD \android-sdk-windows\tools since my tools are on C:\android-sdk-windows\tools.

Updating the path means you can run adb statements from anywhere, not just the tools folder. It makes life easier the next time you need to run an adb shell since you don't need to CD anywhere, just start typing.

12. 1jklange

1jklange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot get the cmd to find the tools folder. I extracted the SDK files to my desktop and copied it to my C drive as well.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
Search tags for this page
download xultimate

xultimate

xultimate 2.8
xultimate deodex
xultimate download
xultimate draw9patch compiler
xultimate v2.4.2
xultimate virus
xultimate-v2.2.8