(release) themed handcent

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
you guys are all welcome,glad they are being used,over at alldroid im not getting any feedback,lol

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
yeah that is prolly true,i do most my work during the night though and forget that not everyone is night owls like me.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been interested in a themed swype for a while, so I am very excited to read this, but are the pics in the earlier posts what the themed swype looks like?

Sorry if it is a dense question. . .just couldn't see it very well on my Droid and wanted to confirm - can look at it better later tonight when I get back to my PC. Any help / response is appreciated.

Any chance you could do a smoked theme - I am running BB 0.7 with the smoked theme and would love to continue with that look, but I am not sure how that would work since "smoked" isn't a color.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
yes,the swypes are posted in the pictures. the pictures dont de justice though,looks better on the droid. not sure about the smoked theme,what color would be the closes to the overall theme. i thought smoked glass had blue in it.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I consider the smoked glass look to have a grayish tone to it, but there is a hint of another color. . . I hate to bring it up without having a good answer to provide, so let me do some research and see if I can look for a color palette answer that might help you in a direction.

Looks like everyone has come back with good feedback which has to make you feel good.

One more question - I see the swype link and the need to remove "all things swype", but does the link contain the colors or is it a 3 step process: 1 - remove all swype files on the droid 2 - install the swype.apk through a file manager (or in my case I will use an apk installer that I use) and then 3 - install one of the color apks?

I am likely overcomplicating it, so feel free to slap some sense into me with better direction and understanding than I currently am showing. :)

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
no 2 step process, like uninstall all swype files then install the swype but i think i have all the colored swypes in the .zip. so when you d/l the swype.zip and open it up you can choose the color.apk you want.

Reaction score
I must say this is awesome work sir i have wanted a themed swype for so long but when i try to install it it says "There is a problem parsing the package"

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
did you uninstall your prevouse version. what way did you uninstall it. i noticed that sometimes a trace of a swype file is left in /system/lib or some place close like that. try to install the older version you was useing and then go to menu-manage application- hite menu button again and touch fileter and choose all,then scroll down to swype and touch it and uninstall.

tgosu84

Reaction score
A black swype with white text would be nice and would probably go along with most dark or smoked themes. Is it possible for you to make one?

Reaction score
I did exactly what u sed but when i went to astro to install it and i click open app manager then press install it says parse error and clicking on the apk in root explorer does nothing.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I did exactly what u sed but when i went to astro to install it and i click open app manager then press install it says parse error and clicking on the apk in root explorer does nothing.

which one are you trying to install. maybe try a different one just to test if its the .apk or what. i tested them all on my droid before distrabuteing them. maybe try to reboot your phone after you uninstall. i can uninstall and install all threw astro. like i always have the gold one installed, i placed them all on my root of sdcard,i just now tested the purple one by opening up astro,touching the purpleswype.apk then open app manager. next screen has 2 options uninstall or launch,i touch uninstall and get a confirmation screen,i touch done,that takes me back to the root of sdcard being viewed with astro and i touch the purpleswype.apk again and touch install,then ok and get the confirmation.

anyone else haveing trouble. ill have the black version in a few. then ill upload the purple and black together in a .zip on megafile or whatever.