(release) themed handcent

lisaq

Reaction score
I have tried to install your Purple theme but keep getting an error "The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written" I am not sure what is happening I have followed your instructions to the letter.

I would appreciate any assistance you can give. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I've been trying all day. Very, very sad.

white_ash143

Reaction score
I have tried to install your Purple theme but keep getting an error "The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written" I am not sure what is happening I have followed your instructions to the letter.

I would appreciate any assistance you can give. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I've been trying all day. Very, very sad.

Not sure if this is the same issue BUT.... I tried the orange themed version a while back and had trouble making it work. The problem was that the .xml file that was in the .zip was misspelled. It said "Hancent.xml" instead of "Handcent.xml" which means that MM is trying to apply a theme to something that doesn't exist. So make sure you name "Handcent.apk" in /system and that when you extract the .xml file from the .zip it says "Handcent.xml"

Edit: The file itself is fine... if you move Handcent to /system and rename Handcent.apk reboot your phone before attempting to apply the metamorph.... also, unzip the file with a file manager and place the contents into AndroidThemes folder on you sdcard.

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
i have applied the black MM to every version of handcent before today with no issues, it took every time. I updated to 3.6.1 today and i cannot get the MM to take....anyone else having issues??

lisaq

Reaction score
Yep. Same problem here. Anyone have a fix?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
lol people still use these. Let me see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Ok looks like the mm only theme the text box. Doesn't touch the top bar. I'm assuming its because of the skin plug in. I did not realize handcent is fully customizeable now. Very interesting.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

babydollcg

Reaction score
Yes uninstall the original and install the themed one with method of choice. Its all mentioned in the op

Okay that is all fine and dandy but what about signing the apk? One you touch it the it breaks that, and of course we themed it, but when we tried to install it does nothing. What steps are we missing here?