[Release][Theme] Golden Elegance for multiple ROMs.....

john_from_ict

Reaction score
Has anyone else had bootloops when trying to install the CM 6 final golden elegance theme?

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone else had bootloops when trying to install the CM 6 final golden elegance theme?
You're the first to report it. I actually made the theme using the CM6.0 final, so it should be good to go. Make certain you downloaded the correct version. If you like, let me know the steps you took and I'll try and help you out.

john_from_ict

Reaction score
I removed apps from system/app that I wasn't using. That was apparently the problem and now this theme installs no problem! Thanks again for the quick response.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I removed apps from system/app that I wasn't using. That was apparently the problem and now this theme installs no problem! Thanks again for the quick response.
Sounds good...let me know if you have any issues, suggestions or requests.

StingRay

Reaction score
Can anyone on UD 7.0 using GE confirm that they are using the themed DolphinHD without any issues? I am at my wits end trying to get this to install....:icon_cussing:

I did a COMPLETE wipe of all data, cache, & boot....reloaded a clean UD 7.0 then followed with kook's latest GE....then installed the themed Handcent and Shazaam without a problem...themed DolphinHD apk STILL would not install...

doing the complete wipe appears to have corrected the force closures on the native browser, but I've got to be able to use this beautiful DolphinHD that kook worked so hard on.....

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can anyone on UD 7.0 using GE confirm that they are using the themed DolphinHD without any issues? I am at my wits end trying to get this to install....:icon_cussing:

I did a COMPLETE wipe of all data, cache, & boot....reloaded a clean UD 7.0 then followed with kook's latest GE....then installed the themed Handcent and Shazaam without a problem...themed DolphinHD apk STILL would not install...

doing the complete wipe appears to have corrected the force closures on the native browser, but I've got to be able to use this beautiful DolphinHD that kook worked so hard on.....
I'm going to flash over to UD right now and check it out. One question...how do I get rid of the request for updates? That bothered me last time I had it flashed.

StingRay

Reaction score
I always flash to SPRecovery, then accept the update...SPR will block then will reboot.

Clockwork may do the same thing I've just never used it for blocking the updates...other than that I always use Clockwork...

Thanks for your help...probably something I'm missing, but can't find out what...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool...thanks for the heads up...

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Hey bro thank YOU! Sorry that you're having to spend time looking into this one..

No man....I want to make sure everything is good to go.

On a side note, I went with my wife to upgrade to the Droid X. So I'll be hacking into hers as soon as it comes in the mail.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Man...I don't know what to say. This is what I did and everything went perfectly fine. Dolphin Browser installed without a hitch....

1. Flash to SPRecovery
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Wipe Data/Cache
4. Forgot to rename update.zip
5. Removed MicroSD and plugged into computer
6. Renamed update.zip
7. Reboot into recovery
8. Forgot to move out of folder and place straight to SD card
9. Removed MicroSD and moved update.zip onto SD card
10. Installed update.zip via SPRecovery
11. Reboot
12. Allow all market apps to update.
13. Install GE theme
14. Install Shazam via Astro (went to astro and unistalled from there, then installed themed version)
15. Install Handcent via Astro (wasn't necessary to remove, was not installed)
16. Install DolphinBrowserHD via Astro (went to astro and unistalled from there, then installed themed version)

Don't know what to say bud other than try another wipe and make certain all the apps are removed.

StingRay

Reaction score
I'm thinking that somehow there are still some Dolphin files remaining that are causing the themed apk not to install but I'm not sure why the data and cache wipe is not taking care of that...

I'll keep trying! Thanks for going to all that trouble...not many that would...

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking that somehow there are still some Dolphin files remaining that are causing the themed apk not to install but I'm not sure why the data and cache wipe is not taking care of that...

I'll keep trying! Thanks for going to all that trouble...not many that would...

Hope it works out. Let me know.

So...since my wife got the X, I'm going to be making a theme according to her favorite color. I'll have some samples in a day or so....

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Hey bro thank YOU! Sorry that you're having to spend time looking into this one..

No man....I want to make sure everything is good to go.

On a side note, I went with my wife to upgrade to the Droid X. So I'll be hacking into hers as soon as it comes in the mail.

Kook, my Droid X gets delivered by FedEx tomorrow. Hope you come up with a theme that I can install! dancedroid

-Mike

bearklaws007

Reaction score
I rooted with metiCkone frg22d and see superuser icon. Do i just follow these instructions...Sorry for the rookie question,I just don't wont to kill my droid...GoldenElegance UD 7.0.0 2.1.5.zip

1. Flash to SPRecovery
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Wipe Data/Cache
4. Forgot to rename update.zip
5. Removed MicroSD and plugged into computer
6. Renamed update.zip
7. Reboot into recovery
8. Forgot to move out of folder and place straight to SD card
9. Removed MicroSD and moved update.zip onto SD card
10. Installed update.zip via SPRecovery
11. Reboot
12. Allow all market apps to update.