[Release] Succulent Desire v 7.0

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by woodyman, Jul 24, 2010.

1. *22899

*22899 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Woodyman how did golfing go? I've only been golfing 4 times this summer I'm pretty upset about that. I suck anyways but I love it. Just wanted to quickly remind anyone who is thinking of adding a second Droid to thier family plan or anything of that nature. I just completed the order form and everything for the American eagle promotion, funny you don't even have to go to AE you can do it all online. You can get 1 fantastic no cost MOTO Droid for FREE. No bull. You have to commit to a contract but duh. So now....... If you lock it in before the dreaded tiered Data Plan happens or doesn't happen either way you'll have a fresh two years of unlimited data. Looks like I'm going to have to start reading about theming so I can make a nice theme for the wife.

2. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    good man, it was hot though.. and i gotta wake up and do it over again.. lol, you really should go man, your missing out.. lol

and yeah you should get going on a theme.. ;)
    but we can help you with that.. :)

3. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Woody,
    I installed Succulent Desire7 SD-theme, and it's very nice...very fast, low batt temps...nice batt life...I have only one issue- in Market, the EasytetherPro app doesn't show...only the free version, which doesn't allow access to secure sites...this for me is a big issue as that app is a $9.99 app...other than that, this rom is spectacular!

I initially was unable to get Twitter to allow me to login, but I deleted it via root explorer and reinstalled- now it works fine...:)

Thanks for all the hard work! If you're able to find a way to fix the EasyTether Pro issue, that'd be awesome! ;)

4. GryphonD

GryphonD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    S H I N E info

Please feel free to e-mail me with any info, issues and so on regarding this theme. It is nowhere near complete and I have still much to do with it. I have a habit of taking a while on things because I want them to satisfy me, before I put them out, so it will likely be a slow process of upgrades and so on but it is going to get there.

gryphond@gmail.com

Please put in subject heading "ATTN: S H I N E" so I know what it is regarding right off the bat. Sorry about slow speed but, a bit of a perfectionist, also a single full time Father and full time College Student as well as going through a current Custody battle.

Woody, mind sticking this up front for me?

#76 GryphonD, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  5. IndyCross

IndyCross New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya know, I really liked 6.5. 7.0 has been rough. I've had so many little problems (finding a kernel that works, many force closes, etc). And it seems to happen in any theme I use. It has locked up multiple times and then goes into a boot loop and I have to catch it at just the right time to get back into clockwork/nandroid. I'm going back to 6.5, I just don't see any benefit to staying with it.

6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Gryphond - would you consider making the News/Weather widget and the Power widget transparent? I liked your theme but wanted the transparent so went to black theme.

7. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Vulcan, if you are one Simple Black you can just pull those two apps out and push them into GryphonD's theme. The only changes I made to news/weather is the xparent bg and xparent bg for power control widget...

Hope that helps...

8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Eric, you have no idea who you're talking to...I am lucky I can flash ROM's and themes on my Droid :icon_eek: I really have no idea what you're talking about, no matter how easy it is! While we're talking about transparent, do you know if anyone has anyone come up with a transparent Pandora widget?

9. wrightna

wrightna New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to download succulent desire via my USB to phone, but when I go to flash the Rom, I have the meta-f and system folders and I can't go anywhere from there. Please help!

10. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5

ive already got both of those already transparent. shown in this screenshot.

[​IMG]

download this to computer unzip it then push both APK files to /system/app/

just an FYI im having issues with the transparent power control it works fine but the images aren't always changing on and off like they should. Right now im spending the week down in the florida keys so I wont be able to fix it till i decide to go home sometime later this week or this weekend. The transparent news and weather widget works fine.

news and weather = geniewidget.apk
    power control = settings.apk

11. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5

if your using nandroid all you need to do it rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip then use nandroid to install the update.zip

make sure its in the root of your SD card and not in a folder.

12. elwood1229

elwood1229 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of dumb questions from someone who is new to all of this (I have only tried one custom rom). First, I see a lot of discussion about downloading a kernel. Does the rom come with a built-in kernal or is it necessary to download one to get things working? Second, I see it has Wifi Tethering built in, how about USB Tethering? If I want to use that, do I need to download one of the apps for it? Thanks for your help!

Elwood