[Release] Succulent Desire v 7.0

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Ok, so I after a day w/ S H I N E I started to experience many FCs, especially w/ LauncherPro. It was fine this morning, but then I noticed quite a bit of lag, and then the FCs started. Not sure if anything like this was noticed in testing. But I was gonna try all the themes out anyway, so...

I moved onto the old and trusty original SD theme. So far there haven't been any issues, but I haven't gotten to play a lot w/ it. But, of course, I couldn't help but run Quadrant. For some reason I get a high score and I don't have dropcap2 open. So I turn it on and then I wind up getting and EVEN HIGHER score. So, here ya go Woody, another new high for me (just barely edging out SD6.5). Feel free to use this whereever you like.

CAP201007261336.jpg

This was w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel. I've never seen anyone testing a 1GHz kernel score this high. I feel if my Droid could handle Jake's 1.2GHz kernel, I'd score well over 1700.

stratt

Reaction score
Really? No clock in the notification bar?

On Blue? I left it off on purpose. Everyone I asked said they never use it... They always use clock widgets. I can put it back in if needed.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
New

Currently I've been running the Simply Stunning ROMS and stumbled across this thread. Was thinking of giving it a go and wanted to see how it's treating everyone ... Also what theme's (if any) seem to be working best. I noticed this is on ROM Manager and was wondering what theme is the simply labeled "Succulent Desire v 7.0 Theme".

Thanks for your input!

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I left the clock out as well cause about 90% of the people here use BW or some other widget with the clock... no clock also frees up a lot of space in the notification bar.....

I have the services.jar with it included if you would like me to post it??

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maps Update

Maps update went smooth and easy on Simple Black...

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Currently I've been running the Simply Stunning ROMS and stumbled across this thread. Was thinking of giving it a go and wanted to see how it's treating everyone ... Also what theme's (if any) seem to be working best. I noticed this is on ROM Manager and was wondering what theme is the simply labeled "Succulent Desire v 7.0 Theme".

Thanks for your input!

From one Yankee in the south to another Yankee living in the south, that would be the original SD theme, which is the second option (directly below the stock theme).

It's the one I'm currently running, and is thus far, flawless.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
From one Yankee in the south to another Yankee living in the south, that would be the original SD theme, which is the second option (directly below the stock theme).

It's the one I'm currently running, and is thus far, flawless.

Cool, thanks for replying. Don't get me wrong, SS has been running great but it's always fun flashing something new :)

EvilDobe

Reaction score
Not really sure what I did wrong (and keep doing wrong) but I keep getting error 21 when trying to restore.
I put the ROM in the nandroid folder.
Used Rom Manager to put SPR back.
Rebooted into recovery.
I wiped/cleared cache 3x.
Advance Restore.
Picked the Shine ROM from the list.
Perform restore.............. Error 21.

This has actually happened to me since v3 and I'm curious the check out the ROM. Any suggestions?

Also with that being said do any of the ROMs have WyContacts in them? Not having that wonderful little app is a deal breaker for me.

Edit: Figured out error 21. Now I'm getting Error 25.
My folder structure is:
/nandroid/shine/

This is getting annoying.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what I did wrong (and keep doing wrong) but I keep getting error 21 when trying to restore.
I put the ROM in the nandroid folder.
Used Rom Manager to put SPR back.
Rebooted into recovery.
I wiped/cleared cache 3x.
Advance Restore.
Picked the Shine ROM from the list.
Perform restore.............. Error 21.

This has actually happened to me since v3 and I'm curious the check out the ROM. Any suggestions?

Also with that being said do any of the ROMs have WyContacts in them? Not having that wonderful little app is a deal breaker for me.

Edit: Figured out error 21. Now I'm getting Error 25.
My folder structure is:
/nandroid/shine/

This is getting annoying.

These are all update.zip file types, no need to put theme in the nandroid folder just place on the SD card and install. If your using Clockwork recovery there is no need to rename it or anything should be pretty easy for ya.
If you stay with Spr then put it on the SD card and rename the folder update.zip and that will work.

EvilDobe

Reaction score
These are all update.zip file types, no need to put theme in the nandroid folder just place on the SD card and install. If your using Clockwork recovery there is no need to rename it or anything should be pretty easy for ya.
If you stay with Spr then put it on the SD card and rename the folder update.zip and that will work.

Thanks. Explains a lot.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woodyman how did golfing go? I've only been golfing 4 times this summer I'm pretty upset about that. I suck anyways but I love it. Just wanted to quickly remind anyone who is thinking of adding a second Droid to thier family plan or anything of that nature. I just completed the order form and everything for the American eagle promotion, funny you don't even have to go to AE you can do it all online. You can get 1 fantastic no cost MOTO Droid for FREE. No bull. You have to commit to a contract but duh. So now....... If you lock it in before the dreaded tiered Data Plan happens or doesn't happen either way you'll have a fresh two years of unlimited data. Looks like I'm going to have to start reading about theming so I can make a nice theme for the wife.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Woodyman how did golfing go? I've only been golfing 4 times this summer I'm pretty upset about that. I suck anyways but I love it. Just wanted to quickly remind anyone who is thinking of adding a second Droid to thier family plan or anything of that nature. I just completed the order form and everything for the American eagle promotion, funny you don't even have to go to AE you can do it all online. You can get 1 fantastic no cost MOTO Droid for FREE. No bull. You have to commit to a contract but duh. So now....... If you lock it in before the dreaded tiered Data Plan happens or doesn't happen either way you'll have a fresh two years of unlimited data. Looks like I'm going to have to start reading about theming so I can make a nice theme for the wife.

good man, it was hot though.. and i gotta wake up and do it over again.. lol, you really should go man, your missing out.. lol

and yeah you should get going on a theme.. ;)
but we can help you with that.. :)

NattyBee

Reaction score
Woody,
I installed Succulent Desire7 SD-theme, and it's very nice...very fast, low batt temps...nice batt life...I have only one issue- in Market, the EasytetherPro app doesn't show...only the free version, which doesn't allow access to secure sites...this for me is a big issue as that app is a $9.99 app...other than that, this rom is spectacular!

I initially was unable to get Twitter to allow me to login, but I deleted it via root explorer and reinstalled- now it works fine...:)

Thanks for all the hard work! If you're able to find a way to fix the EasyTether Pro issue, that'd be awesome! ;)