[Release] Succulent Desire v 7.0

unkledaddy

Reaction score
So do I just add update. Zip to the end of it or do I rename the whole thing and I thought error 14 ment. Had it in Romany folders??

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
rename the whole thing to update.zip

and error 14 means too many extensions on the end like update.zip.zip

heres all the codes just for reference...

14 - Seems to happen when applying a .rom.tgz format. There is too many extensions at the end (I.e. .rom.tgz.tgz, needs to be .rom.tgz) Also could be caused by exracting a .rom.tgz . These files need to be left as a .rom.tgz file.

21 - The file name of the folder has a space in it. ( I.e. nandroid/sample rom, needs to be nandroid/samplerom)

25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

28 - The rom is corrupt somehow, simple redownload or pick another mirror site.

31 - Sdcard has become corrupt. Format through android as your PC may not format it correctly.

34 - This is when doing a backup and there isn't enough space on the sdcard. Delete some files to make room and start again.

35 - The name for the backup is too many characters. Simply rename.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
these roms are in a update.zip format so all you should need to do is rename the downloaded zip to update.zip. Then install via sprecovery

heres what error 25 means.

25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

Same thing happened to me (same Error 25), trying to install Atlantis Blue. Woodyman pointed out that it was an update zip, so I renamed it and installed with SP Recovery with no problems.

These are all really cool roms, but I'm anxious to give Soma a try. Any word on when it'll be available?

-Mike

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
these roms are in a update.zip format so all you should need to do is rename the downloaded zip to update.zip. Then install via sprecovery

heres what error 25 means.

Same thing happened to me (same Error 25), trying to install Atlantis Blue. Woodyman pointed out that it was an update zip, so I renamed it and installed with SP Recovery with no problems.

These are all really cool roms, but I'm anxious to give Soma a try. Any word on when it'll be available?

-Mike

sadly, SOMA wont be launching until the next release of SD.. but the theme will be like 10 times better than it looks now, now it looks great but its not functional, and its being worked out.. and it has lead to a complete overhaul of the images, and layout.. and its looking alot better than before..

it will be worth the wait..

IndyCross

Reaction score
On Blue? I left it off on purpose. Everyone I asked said they never use it... They always use clock widgets. I can put it back in if needed.

Know what? I didn't think I would use it either because of the clock widget, but then I didn't realize how often I check what time it when I'm in an app. If I'm playing a game or reading/writing an email, I have to exit to check the time. So, that was kinda a deal breaker. I'm back to 6.5 for now...Love the look and some of the new options (reboot option when holding power key is NICE touch and updated launcherPro is even better)! But, it's just not stable enough...yet. Can't wait until it gets smoothed out.

What wasn't stabe about it? Which theme did use?

I tried four different themes (I didn't try stock...). All of them gave me issues with the phone randomly rebooting, gnarly FC's, market issues (for which there is now a fix), and just some other tweeky things that all added up to: Close to great, just not yet. I'm sure these issues will get hammered out, it's just that I expected a LOT from you because of SD 6.5. Your fault for making something so freaking awesome. I'll probably try again this weekend and I'll hope for the best. Thanks for all your hard work, and if it's better than 6.5 I'll donate again.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Know what? I didn't think I would use it either because of the clock widget, but then I didn't realize how often I check what time it when I'm in an app. If I'm playing a game or reading/writing an email, I have to exit to check the time. So, that was kinda a deal breaker. I'm back to 6.5 for now...Love the look and some of the new options (reboot option when holding power key is NICE touch and updated launcherPro is even better)! But, it's just not stable enough...yet. Can't wait until it gets smoothed out.

What wasn't stabe about it? Which theme did use?

I tried four different themes (I didn't try stock...). All of them gave me issues with the phone randomly rebooting, gnarly FC's, market issues (for which there is now a fix), and just some other tweeky things that all added up to: Close to great, just not yet. I'm sure these issues will get hammered out, it's just that I expected a LOT from you because of SD 6.5. Your fault for making something so freaking awesome. I'll probably try again this weekend and I'll hope for the best. Thanks for all your hard work, and if it's better than 6.5 I'll donate again.

you can expect a new updated version, soon, 7.???? all issues will hopefully be resolved for everyone, 7.0 treated everyone differently it seemed.. lol

Xavier

Reaction score
Looking forward to a new release Woody, love the rom. Hooked on Atlantis Blue. Wouldn't consider switching to anything else at this point. Keep up the good work. Once I figure out paypal(lol) expect a donation for the both of ya.

grinchy

Reaction score
soma...soma...soma... ;) j/k...I personally like just good ole woodys rom...however i change the battery icon....

beerman1373

Reaction score
Did you get wireless tether to work? As soon as i tap on wireless tether it shows " Error " but thats it . I have the Wireless tether App installed also but no internet connection. My Laptop sees the connection and connects to the network but will not connect to the Internet.. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide!!!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you get wireless tether to work? As soon as i tap on wireless tether it shows " Error " but thats it . I have the Wireless tether App installed also but no internet connection. My Laptop sees the connection and connects to the network but will not connect to the Internet.. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide!!!

hrmm which version are you using? im running woody's themed version and i use wi-fi tethering all the time and have never run into an issue?

only thing i can think of is go here and get the newest version for the droid and try that.

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

IndyCross

Reaction score
Under various conditions and at different times I am getting a lot of hard reboots. Anyone found a temporary fix for this? Should I reinstall with a data/cache wipe? Thanks for any help.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that with the stock kernel? Kernels can change the way a ROM acts. I'll be the first to say it. Something awesome is on the cusp!!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Is that with the stock kernel? Kernels can change the way a ROM acts. I'll be the first to say it. Something awesome is on the cusp!!

yes he is right, something AWESOME is on its way, testing has been good so far, the guys are tearing it apart and the issues are being fixed and worked out.. :D

this is a great team of people to work with.. :D

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

yes he is right, something AWESOME is on its way, testing has been good so far, the guys are tearing it apart and the issues are being fixed and worked out.. :D

this is a great team of people to work with.. :D

lol tearing it apart is an understatement.... I've more or less murdered it. and it still runs like an champ.