OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Awsome ROM!

I've only hd my droid a couple of weeks, but I rooted a week ago and I've tried all the major ROMs. I love Succulent Desire!

I've read through thread and I still have one question.

The release post had some screenshots in a zip file. One of the showed a "Notification Settings" screen that I can't find anywhere.

I've loaded the Spare Parts APK from the Succulent Apps.zip file. I think that was where I found simnilar settings in another ROM.

Am I just missing it, or did I miss installing something?

Thanks again! Great work!

Hey thanks man, the notification settings are in the messaging app..
So go to the main screen in the stock messaging app, hit menu then settings and scroll down and you will see itt..

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
From my personal experience, Succulent-Desire v4.5 is the best rom available. By far the most responsive. Immediate increase in battery life. Immediate speed increase. Running for 2 days WITHOUT a single Force Close!!!!!! HTC Skinned Launcher is The best Launcher out! No skips or stutters while scrolling home pages. Tray loads fast! I have 6 widgets on home screen and 3 others off the sides, and this rom just eats and moves! Did I mention that while all of this I have the Nexus Live Wallpaper moving more fluently than I have ever seen! I have tried virtually EVERY rom I can find, and this SD 4.5 is probably the Rom that my Droid will die with!

Props to Woodyman and whoever else is involved in this project!
Ur leading the pack!
Donating soon!

Motorola Droid
SU
Succulent Desire v4.5

OC 1Ghz
chevyno1 2.6.29-lowV-omap1-dirty

Thanks a lot nman, glad u enjoy the work.. will be glad to help if u have any issues.. :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE USING THIS ROM AND WHO SUPPORT US.!!

V

verian

geradenoz contacted me via PM with his email address, but I haven't heard back from him yet. He didn't say where he was stuck I'll let you know what comes of it if doesn't post the problem.

Texas Twitch

Reaction score
First-Woody, GREAT ROM! This thing is amazing man. Only had it done for about 20 minutes, but I keep on finding new things to do with it!

few questions though:
To do the baseband update, you mentioned to rename it to update.zip. The problem is that I've already got an update.zip file with the SU.apk on it. Should i overwrite it or what?

also, for the extra apps.zip file, should i put that in the root of the SD? Thanks in advance, and thanks agin to you and your team on the best ROM i've used so far!

Texas Twitch

Reaction score
also, on facebook, i an see photos, but its showing me no notifications, and when i try to see the feed, it gives me error
"an error had occurred while fetching data [malformed JSON]"

geradenoz

Reaction score
geradenoz contacted me via PM with his email address, but I haven't heard back from him yet. He didn't say where he was stuck I'll let you know what comes of it if doesn't post the problem.
Ummm well I wouldent rlly know where to describe it when I'm getting stuck, I followed the steps exactly, I have a rooted droid, just in all honsety confused with the system, just need a more step by step I guess, or is there a way to flash a ROM over? Sorry noob here

geradenoz

Reaction score
frustraited!

:reddroid: uGGGGGgggg trying to figure out everything i need a crash course in ROM and kernels, is a ROM just a package deal?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
:reddroid: uGGGGGgggg trying to figure out everything i need a crash course in ROM and kernels, is a ROM just a package deal?
first do you have sprecovery if you do then your halfway their.
now with th nandroid you have to open the zip file in winrar or a similar program.
the file will be named Suculent-Desire-v4.5
now you need to boot into recovery(sprecovery) and make an advanced back up.
after thats finished roboot the phone.
now when you on your sd card you should see a folder named nandroid simply move the suculent-desire-v4.5 folder into the nandroid folder.
now boot back into sprecovery and go to back up/retore and go to advanced resore. now were it says select back up. go to succulent desire v4.5. just hit perform restore. let it do its thing. then once its done reboot your phone.

kernel- the one that comes with this rom is the 1.0 ghz low voltage by chevyNo1. it works fine for me. but if you want another let me know and ill help you throught it.

geradenoz

Reaction score
problem

ive done all that plus the nandroid folder, when i go to pull it up tho is where i get the problem, and yes i think i have sp recovery, i flashed it over with RSD lite, and any kernel is fine just want to figure this out

now with th nandroid you have to open the zip file in winrar or a similar program.
now when you on your sd card you should see a folder named nandroid simply move the suculent-desire-v4.5 folder into the nandroid folder.
now boot back into sprecovery and go to back up/retore and go to advanced resore. now were it says select back up. go to succulent desire v4.5. just hit perform restore. let it do its thing. then once its done reboot your phone.

kernel- the one that comes with this rom is the 1.0 ghz low voltage by chevyNo1. it works fine for me. but if you want another let me know and ill help you throught it.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
ive done all that plus the nandroid folder, when i go to pull it up tho is where i get the problem, and yes i think i have sp recovery, i flashed it over with RSD lite, and any kernel is fine just want to figure this out

sounds like you got a bad download try redownloading and try again.

geradenoz

Reaction score
i think i know what might be a lil of the problem tho, i installed a clockworkmod and on the boot screen when every i do anything its under ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 no instead of the nandroid.

stratt

Reaction score
i think i know what might be a lil of the problem tho, i installed a clockworkmod and on the boot screen when every i do anything its under ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 no instead of the nandroid.

Did you download through clockwork or did you download from the first page of this post?

geradenoz

Reaction score
good new, re flashed sp, nandroid working got succulent running, kinda confusing think im just gonna jump back to last backup, is there anyway i can just get a kernel to play with cpu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.