[Release] Succulent-Desire-v-4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

synctek

Reaction score
Whats Next

Just wondering if you have anything else in the works. Always looking to mod my Droid.

@ Woodyman

I wanted to offer overdue and much deserved feedback......Succulent is great!!
I am finnalizing some basic setup and will soon make another backup.

So............whats next? :icon_ banana:

First off glad you got it working.. :) I was in bed early last night so I'm sorry I wasn't there to help..

What do u mean by what's next..........??

synctek

Reaction score
Files

I would re-download the succulent zip file and try again. It could be that your using a differnt OS than I am - Im using XP but normally the .zip files are designed to work the same cross-platform.

Not a seperate file - winrar should make a FOLDER with 3 files inside. See screenshot earlier post.

The Folder called "Succulent-Desire-v-4.5" will have 3 files in it. copy the folder to nandroid folder on the root of your sdcard.
yea its not doing that its making the three files on the inside into separate folders

V

verian

if you put the zipped folder on your desktop and mount your Droid to pc. you should be able to, right click the SC4.5 folder then >extract all> browse> then find the drive letter you droid was given open that, click on nandriod and extract. If separates them then first make a folder in the nandroid directory called what ever you want it to be then repeat the extraction process again but click nandroid and select the already made folder and extract.

synctek

Reaction score
I just tried an extraction on my laptop running Win7 with WinRar. I selected the desktop for the location of the extraction. It made a folder on the desktop called "Succulent-Desire-v-4.5." Inside there are 3 files: 1. boot.img 2. nandroid.md5 3. system.tar

If you can get yours to do that, then put the folder in the nandroid directory of the droid's sdcard.

If it wont do it for you, make a folder called "Succulent-Desire-v-4.5" on your desktop and copy those listed files into that folder, then copy that folder to the nandroid folder of your sdcard.

MCdevil58

Reaction score
if you put the zipped folder on your desktop and mount your Droid to pc. you should be able to, right click the SC4.5 folder then >extract all> browse> then find the drive letter you droid was given open that, click on nandriod and extract. If separates them then first make a folder in the nandroid directory called what ever you want it to be then repeat the extraction process again but click nandroid and select the already made folder and extract.
I had tried that and when i went to put it on my phone it said stopped due to status 25 or something like that

MCdevil58

Reaction score
Is this link possibly messed up because i just downloaded and installed a different rom

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've been running 4.5 and i just noticed that my led is not blinking anymore. anyone else? any help? thanks!

has anyone else have this problem and fixed it? i tried different roms, even the stock rom on rom manager and i can't seem to get them to work. help please. thanks in advance.

Mine does work.. And no one has said anything.. And since it didn't work with any other ROM I'm guessing it's ur droid, not sure y.. Anyone else run into issues..?

well...i went and unrooted and it started working again. i'm trying to root again but i'm a little unsure because the phone now has the 2.1 update. any suggestions?

white_ash143

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is ROM specific or what... but I'm having issues mounting my system as read/write in terminal and in adb shell. It says permission denied and when I try to remount system and chmod for the sysrw/sysro files I get "unable to chmod: read-only file system"

How do you make the system read/write if the command to do so has lost its permissions? Seems circular.... tried searching forums but the other posts are dead-ends.

Nevermind.... the mount system command line I was copy/pasting had a space in it erroneously.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is ROM specific or what... but I'm having issues mounting my system as read/write in terminal and in adb shell. It says permission denied and when I try to remount system and chmod for the sysrw/sysro files I get "unable to chmod: read-only file system"

How do you make the system read/write if the command to do so has lost its permissions? Seems circular.... tried searching forums but the other posts are dead-ends.

Nevermind.... the mount system command line I was copy/pasting had a space in it erroneously.

theres built in scripts with this rom... you dont need to enter the full string

after you "su" and enter all you need to use are the following commands and then hit enter

sysrw - makes system writable
sysro - makes system write only

heres a list of all scripts included in this rom
Custom Scripts [used in terminal, after su] [Credit to Pete, AdamZ, JRummy]
sysrw - Mount System as Read/Write
sysro - Mount System as Read-Only
recov - Reboot into Recovery Mode
godmode - view all files on phone, using any file viewer
cpuinfo - shows some info about the CPU
blockades – blocks ads in apps
rmcarhome – removes car home app
rmemail – removes email app
rmfacebook – removes facebook app
rmgenie – remove genie news/weather app/widget
rmmusic – remove stock music player
rmnexusmod – remove nexusmod live wallpaper
rmlauncher – remove 2.0.1 5 screen droid themed launcher
rmlauncher2 – remove 2.1 launcher2 app

Last edited:

white_ash143

Reaction score
I know that the scripts are included, yet as I mentioned in my previous post I was getting permission errors. And I also found the solution which was to type (after su):

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

in adb shell followed by:

chmod 777 /system/xbin/sysrw
chmod 777 /system/xbin/sysro

And problem solved..... I've read about updates changing permissions and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.