[Release] Succulent-Desire-v-4.0

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I never had any problems on bugless or simply stunning withthe updated baseband and coverage is great around here always 2 or 3 plus bars. After I installed this rom it didnt prompt me to reactivate but since finding out about missing calls. I redid the new baseband update and reactivated phone then updated roaming capabilities and havent had a missed call yet so it seems to be for good now. Cross my fingers. because I def am liking your rom. and you also have quick response in the thread time and would like to thank you for that. Good support is def a plus when it when it comes to this.

Hope it works out for you man, and thanks.. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I've installed this and I have to say it runs smoothly. I also noticed that it had both Helix launchers.

No man, it has 2.0.1 5 screen launcher and 2.1 HTC themed launcher2 and helix2, which is one helix launcher..

What do u mean by 2.?

And yes i fixed that today actually, the 2.1 update notice that is.. :)

thanks for the feedback man..

I meant I had the regular one as well as the beta. When you say you've fixed that today does that mean you will be releasing an update soon?

Thanks for all your hard work BTW.

Yes there will be a new release, how soon I'm not real sure, right now there are very minor changes to the ROM, but as the days progress I'm able to add more and moreakimg the next release better.. :)

creative999

Reaction score
Hey I just installed your Rom and every looks and works great. Thanks alot for your work. But I keep getting a window to install 2.1 from verizon. Is there a way I can stop that from poping up all the time.

Also I have one more question. where is the clock and weather widget looks like an HTC widget.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
V

verian

If you have one of these roms installed then I assume your rooted proper and using sprecovery. AS LONG as what I just said is all true then you can select install now in the 2.1 update window and it will reboot and the the install will be aborted within seconds and you will no longer have to deal with that pesky pop up window. If you come across more problems or are worried about the process PM me.

creative999

Reaction score
That is correct. I am rooted and have sprecovery installed. okay that answers that question.

Thanks again for the quick reply

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
That is correct. I am rooted and have sprecovery installed. okay that answers that question.

Thanks again for the quick reply

glad you got help fast man, sorry im busy most of the day and my reply's are somewhat slow during the week because of class..

but im very glad that verian steped up and helped you out.. :)

Thanks to everyone who supports me and my team.. :)

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I never had any problems on bugless or simply stunning withthe updated baseband and coverage is great around here always 2 or 3 plus bars. After I installed this rom it didnt prompt me to reactivate but since finding out about missing calls. I redid the new baseband update and reactivated phone then updated roaming capabilities and havent had a missed call yet so it seems to be for good now. Cross my fingers. because I def am liking your rom. and you also have quick response in the thread time and would like to thank you for that. Good support is def a plus when it when it comes to this.

Hope it works out for you man, and thanks.. :)

UPDATE: From what I can tell after going through the day today I no longer have the issue of calls not going through. Well the person heard phone ring but I wouldn't see any calls. but since i updated to new baseband again and it prompted me to reactivate then updated roaming capabilities I believe that resolved the issuse.

Everything else is running great. I have just noticed helix 2 f.c on me sometimes and I am not even using that launcher. how can I remove it with scripts I was sure which script it was because I dont want to remove the htc launcehr I am using. also Im only o.c at 700 to play it safe and can notice a difference from stock like when pressing the home buttons and switching screens. Thanks again!

One more thing I have noticed others that have spare parts seem to have different options then I have even my last rom that included spare parts had fewer options then this version. is this somethign that is tailored to the rom or just a different version of spare parts people are using?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
UPDATE: From what I can tell after going through the day today I no longer have the issue of calls not going through. Well the person heard phone ring but I wouldn't see any calls. but since i updated to new baseband again and it prompted me to reactivate then updated roaming capabilities I believe that resolved the issuse.

Everything else is running great. I have just noticed helix 2 f.c on me sometimes and I am not even using that launcher. how can I remove it with scripts I was sure which script it was because I dont want to remove the htc launcehr I am using. also Im only o.c at 700 to play it safe and can notice a difference from stock like when pressing the home buttons and switching screens. Thanks again!

One more thing I have noticed others that have spare parts seem to have different options then I have even my last rom that included spare parts had fewer options then this version. is this somethign that is tailored to the rom or just a different version of spare parts people are using?

glad ur phone issues are fixed, right now the helix2 is still beta so there are no guantees for it to work, I don't use it either but it has never popped up with FC.. Lol, make a backup before then run the script rmhelix, that was for the other helix but it may work, there's not a specific script for it yet..

And the spare parts apk has been updated by the DEV of that app, the other ROMs must still be using the old version..

jets2400

Reaction score
Helix2 App Drawer Location

Hey Woodyman. I've gone through a few ROMs and this is one is absolutely amazing. It'll take alot to get me off of it. Just something small that I was wondering if I'm missing. Is there any way to move the app drawer icon on the home screen to the middle of the bottom bar. Now, it's on the right I'd just prefer it in the middle if there is any way I can change that. I've looked and can't find anything. Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!

V

verian

If your running succulent desire you should be able to choose from
Helixlauncher2 or home or launcher. Home is the one your looking for it puts the app drawer in the center bottom with DROID written in it. If you chose Helixlauncher2 the first time and hit use as defaut then you need to go to

home settings>applications>manage applications

That's what it say's but I don't see the option there so I will do some digging and get back to you

V

verian

This should solve that issue for you. Man I've never done it till today. Not the easiest thing to find.

Settings > applications > manage applications. Press the menu button and filter by running if you aren't sure which one you are running currently. Find the one that is running, click on it, and down near the bottom should be a button that says "clear defaults" . Hit it. When you hit the home button you should get asked which launcher to use.

jets2400

Reaction score
Thanks verian. I am familiar with that process but I was looking to customize that particular home screen. I just really like the look and feel of it better. But no worries I'm not gonna cry over not being able to move one icon over 2 spaces.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Thanks verian. I am familiar with that process but I was looking to customize that particular home screen. I just really like the look and feel of it better. But no worries I'm not gonna cry over not being able to move one icon over 2 spaces.

Thanks verian for your help... :)

and jets2400, download helix2 from the market should be what ur looking for.. ;)

jets2400

Reaction score
Awesome! I knew I had seen a screenshot sitting around somewhere with the app tray button in the middle. Thanks though! I love my phone even more now. Oh! And I'm still getting constant 2.1 update notifications; it's really annoying. Any way to stop that?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Awesome! I knew I had seen a screenshot sitting around somewhere with the app tray button in the middle. Thanks though! I love my phone even more now. Oh! And I'm still getting constant 2.1 update notifications; it's really annoying. Any way to stop that?

just hit install, SPRecovery will block the update..

also as a note..

THIS WONT KEEP POPING UP IN NEXT UPDATE.. :)
WHICH WILL BE SOON.. :)