[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

olorolo

Reaction score
I just realized I uploaded the release with my ringtone in MP3 format, not OGG. It won't show in the ringtone list otherwise. I will upload seperate "patch" in the OP with the correct ringtone format in it, for those that want it.
this is a really smooth rom bro nice work!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Anyone else experienceing problems booting the Official release? I have one report of it not booting already...

olorolo

Reaction score
Anyone else experienceing problems booting the Official release? I have one report of it not booting already...
None at all its very responsive and fast to the touch, so far everything works that works in AOKP for me. Maybe they needed to wipe something or it needed two wipes

Last edited:

boazal

Reaction score
GSM (semi) solution

FYI
i replaced the original 'libmoto_ril.so' file from system/lib of SDv5 with the 'libmoto_ril.so' file of [ROM]Motoblur + Android 4.0.4 -- [Beta #6 -- 2.4.739] -- 03.30.12 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1497884/

On my XT860 (GSM)
Functioning:
- Phone calls (dial & receive )
- Wi-Fi Data

Not functioning:
- 3G Data
- GPS

BT not tested yet

Sheffy007

Reaction score
I'm on 3g right now and it keeps giving me a download unsuccessful message. It could just be the network but I'm not sure.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

olorolo

Reaction score
FYI
i replaced the original 'libmoto_ril.so' file from system/lib of SDv5 with the 'libmoto_ril.so' file of [ROM]Motoblur + Android 4.0.4 -- [Beta #6 -- 2.4.739] -- 03.30.12 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1497884/

On my XT860 (GSM)
Functioning:
- Phone calls (dial & receive )
- Wi-Fi Data

Not functioning:
- 3G Data
- GPS

BT not tested yet
yeah another AOKP kang and what?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Okay this may be a dumb question, but seeing as I haven't seen anything specifically addressing it: The Bluetooth issue, is that for streaming music, hands free connections for calls, or both? Thanks guys

boazal

Reaction score
Okay this may be a dumb question, but seeing as I haven't seen anything specifically addressing it: The Bluetooth issue, is that for streaming music, hands free connections for calls, or both? Thanks guys

Both

olorolo

Reaction score

Depends on what you mean by addressed because the bt works it just kills all audio if its toggled on and the bt isn't connected. They are looking for a fix and have been for awhile but its not easy with a locked boot loader.....moto is at fault there. If your not using the bt toggle it off and there's no more issue

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Four those of you getting good battery life, did you flash any leaked updates before flashing this? (i.e. .906 update)

krazyace38

Reaction score
Four those of you getting good battery life, did you flash any leaked updates before flashing this? (i.e. .906 update)

I'm on 906 leak and have great battery life but some devs say it has issues like signal and battery life when using ICS rom with it

Sent from my Droid 3 using DroidForums