SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
any GSM support?

Not that Im aware of, sorry. That would be up to whoever is working on GSM radio support. That part of things is beyond my current skill level. lol

There are a couple of added bonuses Im adding to this release (official I suppose. lol)

Biggest thing, at least for me, is that I am adding in some custom ringtones! I have taken some of the battle music from Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP game), and used segments of some of the songs, clipped them, added an 8db bass boost, and widened the stereo effect a bit. Should be an interesting addition! I am personally a HUGE fan of the Final Fantasy series, and have 2 hacked PSPs (a 1000 and a 3000. 3000 is from Singapore). BOTH have Crisis Core on them, and as many legacy PSX games from the FF series as I could fit. lol Some of the older ones are actually pretty fun still. Im spending several hours getting these ringtones clipped the way I want them.

Also, for those that want it "just because", I am including Beats Audio in the next release. Its hard to tell (for me) if its making a difference or not, but its in there, if anyone wants to test it hardcore. :icon_ lala:

Daaz

Reaction score
I am making some last-minute changes to BETA 3, and it should be up sometime this afternoon. I guess I could call it an official build, and bring it out of BETA status really. I dont have enough bugs in it to consider it BETA anymore, so I think this next post will be the Official ROM. :-D

video codecs!

haha, just kidding. go for it chevy!

olorolo

Reaction score
Not that Im aware of, sorry. That would be up to whoever is working on GSM radio support. That part of things is beyond my current skill level. lol

There are a couple of added bonuses Im adding to this release (official I suppose. lol)

Biggest thing, at least for me, is that I am adding in some custom ringtones! I have taken some of the battle music from Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP game), and used segments of some of the songs, clipped them, added an 8db bass boost, and widened the stereo effect a bit. Should be an interesting addition! I am personally a HUGE fan of the Final Fantasy series, and have 2 hacked PSPs (a 1000 and a 3000. 3000 is from Singapore). BOTH have Crisis Core on them, and as many legacy PSX games from the FF series as I could fit. lol Some of the older ones are actually pretty fun still. Im spending several hours getting these ringtones clipped the way I want them.

Also, for those that want it "just because", I am including Beats Audio in the next release. Its hard to tell (for me) if its making a difference or not, but its in there, if anyone wants to test it hardcore. :icon_ lala:
The download link still says the 9th is that wrong or that just not updated? No worries I'll just wait for B3 or official whatever you call it.

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
The download link still says the 9th is that wrong or that just not updated? No worries I'll just wait for B3 or official whatever you call it.

The 9th is the day he uploaded it I think just after midnight :) hasn't been updated yet to build 3

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
The 9th is the day he uploaded it I think just after midnight :) hasn't been updated yet to build 3

Right. No video codecs yet, but at least its good enough for a perfectly good daily driver. I use it 99% of the time, and only swap back to my v4.5 install for things like camera features, and thats about it. But I could probably do that on ICS with a camera app if I wanted to. lol

krazyace38

Reaction score
Hows it running for you, is it any different from AOKP that you can tell?

I have only been running it for a day and it seems a little bit smoother and battery a little better of course Chevycam took out some apps that were useless to me and it made a difference I haven't had time to really play with it I've been really busy building a monster gamer PC for a friend :)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I'm installing now I'll post my findings asap

Your still using BETA 2 if your installing right now. The official version is uploaded, but not posted yet. Should be in a few minutes though. Just finishing up the OP changes.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Check the OP! v5.0 Official is up! Let me know what you guys think so far. Its not a huge change, but its progressing. :icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

krazyace38

Reaction score
Check the OP! v5.0 Official is up! Let me know what you guys think so far. Its not a huge change, but its progressing. :icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

Downloading now as soon as its done I'll flash and report

olorolo

Reaction score
so far there's been no problems installing and no force closes what so ever, seems real smooth. Let me do some testing and I'll report back. Yeah I installed b2 then you posted the official right afterwards lol its cool

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
So far so good awesome job Chevycam keep up the good work :)

olorolo

Reaction score
wow! as soon as I installed Apex it got noticeably faster I recommend that for everybody damn trebucket hehe

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I just realized I uploaded the release with my ringtone in MP3 format, not OGG. It won't show in the ringtone list otherwise. I will upload seperate "patch" in the OP with the correct ringtone format in it, for those that want it.