chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Hashcode said you should be ok doing that. But doing it that way wont remove the things I removed in this beta. So your not really getting the full effect. But YES would be the answer to your question. lol

krazyace38

Reaction score
OK thanks for the reply you know some people will probably be asking that question so I figured that I would get out of the way I'm downloading it now and going to do a full wipe so I can see what awesomeness u did to it

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

hufn

Reaction score
So I've been following ics for a little bit and do want to install. The camera issue seems a big, but for now overcomable ;) item, but the bluetooth I am unsure of. So in removing the bluetoothscoapp does that mean I cannot use hands free at all? I have a bt enabled jabra speaker and a stereo (two different cars) and need to have hands free calling. Is it a no go? Would your removal of the bluetoothscoapp affect it?

Thanks much! I was using your roms quite a bit in the D1 world although haven't gotten into roms yet for my D3 ;)

krazyace38

Reaction score
So I've been following ics for a little bit and do want to install. The camera issue seems a big, but for now overcomable ;) item, but the bluetooth I am unsure of. So in removing the bluetoothscoapp does that mean I cannot use hands free at all? I have a bt enabled jabra speaker and a stereo (two different cars) and need to have hands free calling. Is it a no go? Would your removal of the bluetoothscoapp affect it?

Thanks much! I was using your roms quite a bit in the D1 world although haven't gotten into roms yet for my D3 ;)

You can download it from this link
http://i.minus.com/1333996482/Nidqr_C03-vWC1rJCT_F4A/i6vifjQqzaxzK.apk

hufn

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. However, what will that mean on regards to the Bluetooth in general on this rom? I leave it on as I am in and out of my car. Will it crap everything else out when it disconnects? I generally always leave it on vibrate so if it's just a lack of sounds it could probably be ok. I'd love to try this :)

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. However, what will that mean on regards to the Bluetooth in general on this rom? I leave it on as I am in and out of my car. Will it crap everything else out when it disconnects? I generally always leave it on vibrate so if it's just a lack of sounds it could probably be ok. I'd love to try this :)

Your welcome! If you don't use a bluetooth headset make sure u turn bluetooth off or there will be no audio during a phone call

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Your welcome! If you don't use a bluetooth headset make sure u turn bluetooth off or there will be no audio during a phone call

I used ICS/CM9 from Hashcode, and even if I had Bluetooth off it would still randomly mute phone calls.

Don't trust it just because you don't use Bluetooth. Be careful.

Note: I own 0 bluetooth devices

Daaz

Reaction score
so if i wipe when going from beta 1 to 2, i am just saving space, right? or do i have to do a complete wipe/install to get the other stuff this new beta has?

hufn

Reaction score
Awww crap :( I go in and out of the car quite a bit and turning bluetooth on and off each time would be a royal pain. Guess I will have to wait until thats fixed. That's a bummer....

woovikings

Reaction score
Just wondering do you have to do all the steps again or is there a faster way I'm just updating to the new version. Probably a stupid question lol but just wondering

Daaz

Reaction score
hey.. i d ont know if you'll ever get around to this, but phonemypc is an app for remote use of my computer.. and it works fine until i touch the screen to move the cursor..and it force closes...

krazyace38

Reaction score
so if i wipe when going from beta 1 to 2, i am just saving space, right? or do i have to do a complete wipe/install to get the other stuff this new beta has?

Just wipe cache and delvik cache and flash beta 2

Evacuate

Reaction score
Hey Chevycam do you think its possible to flash with only wiping cache and delvik if im already using AOKP

Thanks, this was actually my question, but to follow up I have been running AOKP nightlies but would like to give this a try. Just to be sure I am going to do a full wipe, data/cash/davlik/ and then flash the beta 2 ROM using original safestrap. My questions are:

1. Do I then flash the latest Gapps or are they included in this build? (I was unclear from the op)

2. Is it strongly suggested changing to tweaked safestrap or am I really okay with original? In other words, does it make the ROM smoother or just make things a bit safer, so far things have been working well as expected so I am not too paranoid, I am actually more nervous about starting from the beginning of the root process.

Thanks again.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I am making some last-minute changes to BETA 3, and it should be up sometime this afternoon. I guess I could call it an official build, and bring it out of BETA status really. I dont have enough bugs in it to consider it BETA anymore, so I think this next post will be the Official ROM. :-D

boazal

Reaction score
I am making some last-minute changes to BETA 3, and it should be up sometime this afternoon. I guess I could call it an official build, and bring it out of BETA status really. I dont have enough bugs in it to consider it BETA anymore, so I think this next post will be the Official ROM. :-D
any GSM support?