[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Safestrap recovery from RICK#2 dont have such option - "install zip from sdcard". Version 1.08e.

If there is no "install from zip card" option, I think I'd dump that recovery right quick :p

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
dyb said:
If you update this build, I think one of us would be more than happy to indeed - mail you a drive.

I will see what I can do.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Thats AWESOME! lol Yes, I can do it. But Im waiting on Hashcode to let me know when the kexec builds are ready, so almost everything will work correctly.

sc123

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of SD as well. I've had SD 5.3 running on my Droid 3 since it came out, and was just thinking about upgrading to 5.6 when I saw that you're getting ready for a new release. Chevy, will this new release address any of the big issues such as the camera app crashing and being unable to record video? That and occasional instability with voice are my biggest issues with 5.3. I also have problems getting GPS signals in Google Maps and Gmail notifies me about the same E-mails over and over again, but I'm not sure if those issues are SD specific.

elias01

Reaction score
I have tried everything from downloading and flashing back to out of the box stock to full up date and a couple fixes in between. I have tried this too many times just keeps failing at step 6/18. anyone know what might help PLEASE.

+1, any help?? my phone cannot start normally now.......

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
sc123 said:
I'm a big fan of SD as well. I've had SD 5.3 running on my Droid 3 since it came out, and was just thinking about upgrading to 5.6 when I saw that you're getting ready for a new release. Chevy, will this new release address any of the big issues such as the camera app crashing and being unable to record video? That and occasional instability with voice are my biggest issues with 5.3. I also have problems getting GPS signals in Google Maps and Gmail notifies me about the same E-mails over and over again, but I'm not sure if those issues are SD specific.

The kexec release should help fix a lot of things. We will have to see what get fixed when the time comes.

missionman

Reaction score
HELP ANYONE! I have a problem flashing the XML file in RSDlite 5.5 to my new Droid 3!
Its failing! The Droid 3 screen goes on and off a few times and it fails the flash.
The status shows the error below..in the box [ ]

Status: [ Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; Phone connected ]

My phone is USB connected and in while starting and i did all the steps to the T. Nothing was missed. im just not able to flash it. Does this mean im on stock ROM already? will that cause the failure?

and on top of this im stuck in AP flash mode!!!! took out battery, tried powering off, nothing works..

PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Search for Fastboot. IMO it works much more often than RSD. Just make sure you get the one that corresponds to the system you are running.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
HELP ANYONE! I have a problem flashing the XML file in RSDlite 5.5 to my new Droid 3!
Its failing! The Droid 3 screen goes on and off a few times and it fails the flash.
The status shows the error below..in the box [ ]

Status: [ Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; Phone connected ]

My phone is USB connected and in while starting and i did all the steps to the T. Nothing was missed. im just not able to flash it. Does this mean im on stock ROM already? will that cause the failure?

and on top of this im stuck in AP flash mode!!!! took out battery, tried powering off, nothing works..

PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(

I have also seen where people (Yonner?) have it fail multiple times before it works. So maybe keep trying?

Also, if it is brand new, why are you trying to RSD it anyways? Just root, install Safestrap and go. (just curious)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
OK let me make this perfectly clear. A lot of people seem to be having issues here, so I'm just going to clarify this.

RSD Lite step is OPTIONAL. Its NOT needed 95% of the time. Just because its listed doesn't mean its necessary. There will be occasions where you will want to do it, but for the most part, you shouldn't need to.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I have also seen where people (Yonner?) have it fail multiple times before it works. So maybe keep trying?

Also, if it is brand new, why are you trying to RSD it anyways? Just root, install Safestrap and go. (just curious)

Yeah RSD has quite a few times taken ALOT of tries for me. lol It's worrying but you just gotta keep at it. That or try another method, Overlayer for example has a few tricks you can use.

Also people have make sure you know what base system you are on! That will make the difference of it working or borking you phone even worse.

OK let me make this perfectly clear. A lot of people seem to be having issues here, so I'm just going to clarify this.

RSD Lite step is OPTIONAL. Its NOT needed 95% of the time. Just because its listed doesn't mean its necessary. There will be occasions where you will want to do it, but for the most part, you shouldn't need to.

I think you might wanna put an aside in the instructions that RSD/Fastboot if only really needed if people want a true "clean" install, I think too many people see it in the steps and think they NEED to do it. Although I feel the problem stems more from people freaking out due to it not working the 1st try.