[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

krazyace38

Reaction score
Is the bluetooth working in your rom?

Nope I tried it yesterday and no luck Hascode has been working on it in the AOKP which is what Steel Droid 5.0 is based on and he said there was still a problem getting it to work and will update it as soon s he gets the bug worked out but since AOKP crashed last night then it might be a while and Chevy said he would update as soon as AOKP was :)
BTW thanks for the DL on Spearmint Gummy and your add ons

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

olorolo

Reaction score
Nope I tried it yesterday and no luck Hascode has been working on it in the AOKP which is what Steel Droid 5.0 is based on and he said there was still a problem getting it to work and will update it as soon s he gets the bug worked out but since AOKP crashed last night then it might be a while and Chevy said he would update as soon as AOKP was :)
BTW thanks for the DL on Spearmint Gummy and your add ons

Your welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing this working because I always liked Steel Droid's themework Chevycam is good at that **** he always finds the perfect blend :biggrin:

wildride89

Reaction score
Can I flash this thru cwm? Or does it have to be done with the safestrap?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

krazyace38

Reaction score
Can I flash this thru cwm? Or does it have to be done with the safestrap?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yes but Its recommend to use safestrap it the best and safest way to flash roms :)

wildride89

Reaction score
I followed your advice ace and everything is working fine so far. I'm a little bummed about the Bluetooth deal but excellent job Chevy.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Been working great since you told me bout it Chevy, great work as always! :D

And to everyone I highly suggest you try Apex Launcher for this, really helps with the whole ICS experience.

woovikings

Reaction score
I was wondering if I flashed the SBF if it is going to mess up my baseband. I had steel droid 3 on my old phone and I flashed stock SBF and the baseband kept saying unknown so I couldn't get a signal and it messed up my phone. Thanks for reply

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I was wondering if I flashed the SBF if it is going to mess up my baseband. I had steel droid 3 on my old phone and I flashed stock SBF and the baseband kept saying unknown so I couldn't get a signal and it messed up my phone. Thanks for reply

Yes, the SBF will flash a baseband as well.

woovikings

Reaction score
I started over fresh and did each step and the initial boot loading screen just keeps on running. Any ideas?

krazyace38

Reaction score
I started over fresh and did each step and the initial boot loading screen just keeps on running. Any ideas?

Try this: pull battery for about 10 seconds and reinsert then slide out keyboard and hold down the x key plus power until the little android guy appears, close keyboard and press both volume keys simultaneously and it will take u into factory recovery mode. Do a factory data reset and wipe cache then reboot.

woovikings

Reaction score
Try this: pull battery for about 10 seconds and reinsert then slide out keyboard and hold down the x key plus power until the little android guy appears, close keyboard and press both volume keys simultaneously and it will take u into factory recovery mode. Do a factory data reset and wipe cache then reboot.

Worked! Thanks for help!

And also was wondering you won't get charged or anything for that wifi tether as long as you never open it right?

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
If anyone wants in inverted SMS app check out this thread on XDA! Its all blacked out for all you inverted addicts like me :)

synpse

Reaction score
Thank you, Chevy!! Great ROM!

I'm having issues with the Barcode Scanner app. I can't get it to recognize any QR codes. Was there some setting adjustment in the camera that would not make it *BEEP* and work and be happy, and such?

When installing, I was coming from Liberty ROM, and had to clear out the Cache and some other reset stuff to get it working properly. First install I did not clear anything, and it just hung on the boot animation. Then the google play store (aka: Market) downloaded all my previous apps, minus my user data.

The WiFi Tether app for root works just fine! android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Live Wallpapers.. I can't seem to get the Grass wallpaper to show up. I tried downloading some apk's and they won't install. I liked that live wallpaper alot.

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thank you, Chevy!! Great ROM!

I'm having issues with the Barcode Scanner app. I can't get it to recognize any QR codes. Was there some setting adjustment in the camera that would not make it *BEEP* and work and be happy, and such?

When installing, I was coming from Liberty ROM, and had to clear out the Cache and some other reset stuff to get it working properly. First install I did not clear anything, and it just hung on the boot animation. Then the google play store (aka: Market) downloaded all my previous apps, minus my user data.

The WiFi Tether app for root works just fine! android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Live Wallpapers.. I can't seem to get the Grass wallpaper to show up. I tried downloading some apk's and they won't install. I liked that live wallpaper alot.

Don't know about the live wallpaper thing but on the barcode scanner its not going to work till the camera is fully functional because right now it doesn't have the auto focus which is required for the barcode scanner