[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

Dom1000

Reaction score
Thank you yonner that's basically exactly what I was trying to figure out I will most likely flash this tonight

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
I'm just starting to use Steel Droid 5.3 and I'm having very few problems so far.
The one annoying issue I do have is that whenever I power my droid on it always boots into CWM recovery. This only bothers me because I don't wan a random reboot to end with the backlight draining my battery.
Any suggestions?

Oh yeah. I also can not get into the mobile network settings because the process crashes when ever I try.

Last edited:

boazal

Reaction score
on 4-29 i report:

"after clean install
System settings => Wireless & Networks => (pressing on) mobile networks (getting)
Unfortunately. the process com.android.phone has stopped"

any (perhaps :happy3:)....progress??

Last edited:

Manderson31395

Reaction score
Reboots in google music all the time, drops data...I'm convinced my overall 3g quality is less. I just don't think ICS is gonna work out....

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

I had these same problems which go away after a couple reboots and just with good time. I tried for hours trying to get any music player to work and it is just time because now my music is all there and can be played from any app even though before it would cause an immediate reboot.

Same goes for 3g but i have less hard evidence about that. Believe this is the best thing to happen to the d3 for a while take the time and jump on this

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I should have an update to the ICS version in a few days. Family is in town, so Im a little busy.

Logano520

Reaction score
chevycam94 said:
I should have an update to the ICS version in a few days. Family is in town, so Im a little busy.

Are there going to be any major/significant updates that we can look forward to in this next version?

sc123

Reaction score
Found another minor bug. When you have the physical keyboard out and the D3 goes to sleep, you can't wake it up with the physical keyboard. I don't think I've seen this mentioned before.

boazal

Reaction score
on 4-29 i report:

"after clean install
System settings => Wireless & Networks => (pressing on) mobile networks (getting)
Unfortunately. the process com.android.phone has stopped"

any (perhaps :happy3:)....progress??

sent from Orphaned-xt860-Land......

Dom1000

Reaction score
sc123 said:
Found another minor bug. When you have the physical keyboard out and the D3 goes to sleep, you can't wake it up with the physical keyboard. I don't think I've seen this mentioned before.

I've. Noticed that with CM9 and AOKP as well but I kinda like it that way

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I have new builds, but I need to get them ready for release. I will see if I can get around to it tonight.

Playaz

Reaction score
I just got the Droid 3 today

I can't wait to install this onto my phone! Any clue when you'll have your newest build out? I was wanting to customize it how i'd like tonight, i just don't want to have to re-wipe it and **** |: I will definitely be donating due to this awesome ROM.

Playaz

Reaction score
Do I have to do anything [Upgrade it OTA?!] Or can I just step-by-step it from your instructions?

Dom1000

Reaction score
I have new builds, but I need to get them ready for release. I will see if I can get around to it tonight.

i guess it didn't happen that night? lol was gonna wait to flash till he finished the builds but I don't want to wait and I want to be able to download from the store so its gonna happen now

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Dom1000 said:
i guess it didn't happen that night? lol was gonna wait to flash till he finished the builds but I don't want to wait and I want to be able to download from the store so its gonna happen now

I got releases out, just not for the D3. Lol. I'm having trouble building my D3 ROM. Build is broken. Looking into that tomorrow.