[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

huhu1312

Reaction score
the greatest ROM for Droid 3 but its still missing the LongPressVolume Mod ;/

giovannipaquier

Reaction score
noob question, but i bricked my fone 3 times before make any question. how exatly i install SD, because when i reboot into safestrap (using the 1.08e, as recommended) i can't find "install zip from sdcard". it's a suboption or what? pls heeeeelp!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Im still working on an updated version. New graphics and updated apps, but still the same base as v4.8. Hope you guys like it. Will keep you updated on its progress.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im still working on an updated version. New graphics and updated apps, but still the same base as v4.8. Hope you guys like it. Will keep you updated on its progress.
Glad to see you're still updating this thing, man! Props to you.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 4.8 Gingerbread - 7-11-2012

Your optimism and support is appreciated.

I appoligize, I honeslty thought we were SOL.

I am sorry ChevyCam , I was one of the first 25 to install your first version for the D3!

is there any chance you might be open to creating a couple different themed versions of the next release?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
You might be in for a nice surprise! I am nearning completion of my v5.0 update! Its still based on 5.7.906. The new version contains a Jellybean 4.2.x hybrid theme (still a WIP), better compression, smaller apk sizes, and HOPEFULLY, better performance!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Here are three screenshots of my work so far. Im going to just breeze it over, and see if there are any last minute adjustments before I make the next release. No, it wont be 100% accurate, but I think there is more to theme than I have the ability to. But its certainly a HUGE improvement!

And NO, in the third screenshot, the quicksettings are actually VERY easy to see. Its not a grey checkered background, but more of soft grey solid. Screenshot app didnt do a very good job there.

shot_000003_zps5657cc17.png
shot_000002_zps8136f954.png
shot_000001_zpsea93aeb9.png

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Well, the final v5.0 is uploading right now. It will be available sometime tonight. I have to get some things done around town, and will finish up the post this evening.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 4.8 Gingerbread - 7-11-2012

Well, the final v5.0 is uploading right now. It will be available sometime tonight. I have to get some things done around town, and will finish up the post this evening.

Looking forward to it. Thanks again

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ba_rt

Reaction score
Hi, wanted to install 5.0 and the first thing I did was install Safestrap 3.05. I had old version 1.08 of Safestrap on the phone and when I installed the apk and launched it, it said "Old version of recovery installed" I pressed install recovery, but after I rebooted the phone, I'm stuck in the old stock boot loop.
I can get to the stock recovery menu. How can I use it to get the phone to boot again?
Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind. Had to go through SBF-ing it back to OTA .890, updating to .906 and using motofail to root.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Hi, wanted to install 5.0 and the first thing I did was install Safestrap 3.05. I had old version 1.08 of Safestrap on the phone and when I installed the apk and launched it, it said "Old version of recovery installed" I pressed install recovery, but after I rebooted the phone, I'm stuck in the old stock boot loop.
I can get to the stock recovery menu. How can I use it to get the phone to boot again?
Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue, and didnt find any better a way to do it than this:

1: Download the FXZ (SBF) file in the OP, and flash back to complete stock using RSD Lite 5.5
2: Root and all using Pete's Root Tools (link in the OP as well)
3: From there, install Hashcodes 3.05 SafeStrap
4: Reboot, go into SafeStrap, and switch to ROM SLOT 1 (so we leave the stock system alone, just in case)
5: Create the slot with whatever stats you want, and then Activate it
6: Just to be safe, wipe; CACHE, DALVIK CACHE, FACTORY RESET, and SYSTEM
7: Go back and install the ROM
8: Dont need to wipe CACHE/DALVIK before you reboot (at least I didnt when testing)
9: ENJOY!