[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Reaction score
Yeah, I know why. Its the way I optimized the images. It broke the 9.png format. Im working on a solution to that now. Will be fixed in the next release.

You have to have a second "Launcher" installed for the option to switch to appear. Otherwise it will default to the only one installed.

OK was hoping to have the steel 3 style theme will that be on the next release?

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but what are the advantages of the Go launcher over theme used on steel 3.0 beside of coarse the customization aspect? or is it just that?

Thanks for the reply

GreenSnow

Reaction score
OK was hoping to have the steel 3 style theme will that be on the next release?

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but what are the advantages of the Go launcher over theme used on steel 3.0 beside of coarse the customization aspect? or is it just that?

Thanks for the reply

That is all. Purely customization, some have reported performance issues but most have not, if you don't like it go to go launcher in your 'manage apps' menu and clear defaults and then the next time you hit your home button it will ask you if you want to launch with 'go launcher' or the native launcher

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sheffy007

Reaction score
That is all. Purely customization, some have reported performance issues but most have not, if you don't like it go to go launcher in your 'manage apps' menu and clear defaults and then the next time you hit your home button it will ask you if you want to launch with 'go launcher' or the native launcher

Actually, if your stock launcher is Blur, you need an app from the market called Moto Home Fix. It will, as per my understanding, create a "fake" home app that you can select instead of GoLauncher when you click the home button after install. Hope this helps.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Actually, if your stock launcher is Blur, you need an app from the market called Moto Home Fix. It will, as per my understanding, create a "fake" home app that you can select instead of GoLauncher when you click the home button after install. Hope this helps.

I've never heard of this. Am I missing something?

Sheffy007

Reaction score
I've never heard of this. Am I missing something?

Well, i once had the same problem that KillerApplesauce had and searched the market for an app that might fix it and BOOM there it was. I could be wrong with the description of how it works OS-wise, but thats how i fixed it.

solidjoe

Reaction score
Upgraded from previous release to 4.5, did the usual clear data/wipe etc, then install zip. The only real problem I have (other than hating GoLauncher, which I was able to remove), is that I can't get the Facebook sync to work correctly. More to the fact, I can't seem to add that option. When I go to "My Accounts" then try an add Facebook, nothing happens. No screens pop up, its like the keypress isn't being recorded. I've tried uninstalling the facebook app, which does remove the icon from the Setup Accounts list, but other than that has no effect. The options to sync contact data in the facebook app are not there either. I mainly use this to sync up contact pictures, I know apps exist to do that, so if worst comes to worst I'll just go that route. It could also be related to the fact that if I go to the Social Networking app, and try and set it up, it times out at "Communicating with Server". I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue?

Mrkanyewest

Reaction score
Came from Liberty, really loving this. Only issues I'm having are the aforementioned market visual glitch and the one solidjoe mentioned above. Fantastic job overall, really enjoying go launcher as well (and i paid for adw...)

RySean

Reaction score
I'm having major issues with the physical keyboard. It skips many of my key presses (especially spaces), but occasionally double types keys that I have only pressed once. I'm on SD4.5 and I love it otherwise, I didn't have these issues when I was on SD3 or on stock ROM. Any suggestions? I have tried clearing some data in my applications and that helped temporarily. Any apps that come with SD4.5 that may be the cause?

cnycompguy

Reaction score
#Any ETA on when blue-tooth will get ironed out?
#I miss having my winamp play through the BT headphones. :-(

Disregard my previous inquiry, I managed to get it working.
-Restored my BT pairings with Titanium Backup
-rebooted phone
-manually connected BT headphones (only needed once)
Fixed!

Sent from my XT862 SD4.5 via the magical interwebs...

Last edited:
Reaction score

That's what i thought my phone seem to be a lot more laggy with go launcher so I went back to steel 3.0 but i see the note about both cores being enabled in 4.5(or was that a glitch from version 4.0?) I'm wonder if I should jut switch back to 4.5 and play with her for a while most likey I'm doing something wrong.

One quick question for you guys regarding the advance options in safestrap. Do you recommend formatting the cache and data too? after wipe just curious because I have gone from 3.0 to 4.5 a couple time wondering if it would be a good idea or if it one of those don't touch things?

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
That's what i thought my phone seem to be a lot more laggy with go launcher so I went back to steel 3.0 but i see the note about both cores being enabled in 4.5(or was that a glitch from version 4.0?) I'm wonder if I should jut switch back to 4.5 and play with her for a while most likey I'm doing something wrong.

One quick question for you guys regarding the advance options in safestrap. Do you recommend formatting the cache and data too? after wipe just curious because I have gone from 3.0 to 4.5 a couple time wondering if it would be a good idea or if it one of those don't touch things?

I would wipe everything, just in case. I always wipe everything. Can help clear any doubts or confusion about some problems.

solidjoe

Reaction score
I would wipe everything, just in case. I always wipe everything. Can help clear any doubts or confusion about some problems.

Any chance you could look at the issue myself and Mrkaynewest have at the top of this page? Thanks!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Any chance you could look at the issue myself and Mrkaynewest have at the top of this page? Thanks!

The Facebook issue might be a bit more involved. However, the visual Market glitches are easy. For Market, its the way I optimized the images in it. Swap it out with a new virgin copy of Market, and your all set. Facebook I will have to play with. I don't have a Facebook account at all, so it makes things a bit harder on me. I personally am just not into the whole Facebook/MySpace stuff. I hardly evey use Twitter, except when following certain devs from the Android/PS3 scenes.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
The Facebook issue might be a bit more involved. However, the visual Market glitches are easy. For Market, its the way I optimized the images in it. Swap it out with a new virgin copy of Market, and your all set. Facebook I will have to play with. I don't have a Facebook account at all, so it makes things a bit harder on me. I personally am just not into the whole Facebook/MySpace stuff. I hardly evey use Twitter, except when following certain devs from the Android/PS3 scenes.

I haven't had any issues with Facebook for this build. I'll try and do a fresh flash and troubleshoot.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Can those with Facebook issues please give exact environment and install details, so I can try to pinpoint why a few of you can't get it to work?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums