[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
You can shut off data by turning it of in the status bar just touch the double arrows and when it goes blank you will c 3g go away and when u want data back just touch the double arrows and 3g will come back

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I feel dumb!! didnt even realize there were more switches up there...LOL

B

Reaction score
Thanks krazyace, I didnt notice the link was doubled in the OP. Its fixed now, and the links are all pointing to where they should be. Try using the 4.5-based link for DLNA and see if that make a difference. I would suggest using the addons for the base they were designed for, just to avoid confusion, and possible extra issues. It also helps us determine what the problem is for those that run into issues.

Ya was wondering about that download link, I'll have to switch back to 4.5 when i get into town and give her a shot again.

gsxr1300

Reaction score
I upgraded from sd3.0 to 4.5 using safestrap and now the new england partiots app 2011 says "your device isnt compatible with this item"
any ideas?

jose4ice

Reaction score
Thanks krazyace, I didnt notice the link was doubled in the OP. Its fixed now, and the links are all pointing to where they should be. Try using the 4.5-based link for DLNA and see if that make a difference. I would suggest using the addons for the base they were designed for, just to avoid confusion, and possible extra issues. It also helps us determine what the problem is for those that run into issues.

Hi chevycam94
First thanks for all your work, I have been running your ROM since the begining and now the 4.5 version and it runs great!
I just wanted to ask if you have any plans on doing one for ICS like Hash of codes is doing?

smorey78

Reaction score
I love the new rom and have been running it for only 48 hours. I have found a few problems and not sure what to do about them. my bluetooth is acting up... i have the motorla elite and use the MY Moto Speak App...i am in the car driving anywhere from 400 to 800 miles a week so bluetooth and car dock are a must. The bluetooth will not connect to MY Moto speak, i have to go in and open it. the app is set to turn on when the bluetooth is on??? also the car dock...I have the Droid 3 Car dock and use that app as well...now with the new rom the apps FC all the time. It will flash and change colors?? than force close! and last...my GPS...now i have had this problem before. But it seems to happen more now...the GPS will just stop working...it will serching for satalites and its always about 500 feet behind. It will say Make right turn after i drive past the road i was supposed to turn on! today it said i was doing 82mph and was in the middle of the chesapeake bay...when i was driving on rt4 about 3 miles from the bay doing 23mph![h=2][/h]

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Hi chevycam94
First thanks for all your work, I have been running your ROM since the begining and now the 4.5 version and it runs great!
I just wanted to ask if you have any plans on doing one for ICS like Hash of codes is doing?

I do, but I want to wait until its a little more stable. Good things come to those who wait. Of course, I have been playing around with his Alpha versions, and I love them, very slick, but still not ready for any kind of release.

ahch

Reaction score
Cool Theme

Had problems at first but it is cool now what theme is that on the pictures i want my phone icons etc to look like that

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Had problems at first but it is cool now what theme is that on the pictures i want my phone icons etc to look like that

Its not really a theme. I just included a desktop background (scaled to fit the D3 screen), and made use of Minimal Text Widget for the clock/battery stats. Other than that it was the blue neon theme for GoLauncher from the market, and just manually changed the dock bar icons. A real themed based ROM will probably be in v5.0. Going to take a bit of time to work on my D1 ROM, with the help of a few other people. Tonight is going to be a heck of a night. Me and JBirdVegas are fighting with SteelBox to get some of his mods to be new options in SteelBox, and it just wont give in. lol So goes the life of a dev I guess.

mikedomo

Reaction score
Is nice this rom and based in android 2.3.7 :), is the only stable rom for droid 3 based in that type of android version. I solved my problem with import contacts from sim card to phone, thanks anyway.

Last edited:

jtc

Reaction score
With 4.5, when I click on an app in the market, the install, open, update, and uninstall buttons are all sized incorrectly. Also, the lines and gradients in the background behind the text description and stuff are all off, making some parts harder to read. It was bothering me so much, that I did a full wipe and reload starting with the sbf, but the issue is still there. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

jtc

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the same thing. Not a big deal to me.
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I guess it's not a huge deal since the market works, but I'd like to get this worked out. Any ideas?

Reaction score
You know, if your currently running Go Launcher, you can just hit Menu, goto Preferences, and hit Exit GoLauncher. Next time you hit Home, it will ask you which one you want to use as your default again. :-D

I tried that and it keeps reverting back to the go launcher evertime i hit the home button am I doing something wrong here?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
With 4.5, when I click on an app in the market, the install, open, update, and uninstall buttons are all sized incorrectly. Also, the lines and gradients in the background behind the text description and stuff are all off, making some parts harder to read. It was bothering me so much, that I did a full wipe and reload starting with the sbf, but the issue is still there. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Yeah, I know why. Its the way I optimized the images. It broke the 9.png format. Im working on a solution to that now. Will be fixed in the next release.

I tried that and it keeps reverting back to the go launcher evertime i hit the home button am I doing something wrong here?

You have to have a second "Launcher" installed for the option to switch to appear. Otherwise it will default to the only one installed.