[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I just downloaded the hotmail app. Thanks for mentioning it. I am also just using the fb app but I would like set it up in accounts and sync my contacts.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Same here, I had a heck of a time flashing the rom to begin with, it got stuck in a "flash loop" it was loading new data for like 20min, and I did a battery pull, started up fine v.4.5 and everything in the "about phone" I got all my apps re-loaded with titanium, and fb would not show up in my "accounts" settings -to be able to set up in my contacts

…reverted back to my nandroid on v3.0

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rvcjew

Reaction score
Hey chevy I have one issue with 4.5 im getting crazy static out of my speaker when any sound is used like a layer of it in music ect. Is this my rom, possibly the phone?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Don't worry everyone. Im reading as many of the messages as I can. I don't have a lot of time to sit and respond right now, but I have not forgotten about some of the issues most of you are facing. Even if I can't get back to you directly, I will attempt to fix what I can, or at least look into it.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Don't worry everyone. Im reading as many of the messages as I can. I don't have a lot of time to sit and respond right now, but I have not forgotten about some of the issues most of you are facing. Even if I can't get back to you directly, I will attempt to fix what I can, or at least look into it.
awesome need to get payed so i can donate lol.

GreenSnow

Reaction score

Sweet chevy, I'd buy you a beer if I could

BJPalmer85

Reaction score

Rock on!! love the work. totally donating once i gets me a paycheck.

dont know if this is a new or old problem but i down loaded the Go switch widget, went to shut down the data connection so it didnt push emails to my phone at night and stuff and it wont work. all the other switches work but not that one

B

krazyace38

Reaction score
Rock on!! love the work. totally donating once i gets me a paycheck.

dont know if this is a new or old problem but i down loaded the Go switch widget, went to shut down the data connection so it didnt push emails to my phone at night and stuff and it wont work. all the other switches work but not that one

B

You can shut off data by turning it of in the status bar just touch the double arrows and when it goes blank you will c 3g go away and when u want data back just touch the double arrows and 3g will come back

Warglock

Reaction score
Got SD4.5 installed. Easy process as usual, glad to report the keyboard issue that eminated for some of us when 5.6 was released has been solved. Now I can actually use my keyboard! Thanks Chevy, you're the best.

smorey78

Reaction score
love the new rom...i am a noob at this whole thing...but i can follow directions well. just one or two things i am not understanding...i am using the go locker...and i get 2 lock screens now. the go locker one and the stock one????? how do i get rid of the stock one. and i did down load and install the photo and vid editor but i can not find it anywhere.

krazyace38

Reaction score
love the new rom...i am a noob at this whole thing...but i can follow directions well. just one or two things i am not understanding...i am using the go locker...and i get 2 lock screens now. the go locker one and the stock one????? how do i get rid of the stock one. and i did down load and install the photo and vid editor but i can not find it anywhere.

Some lock apps can't override the stock locker believe me I've tried many of them then i found Magic Locker; its a great app and has lots of theme's to chose from and it overrides the stock locker. And as far as the photo and video editors; u wont find them in the app drawer. Whenever u r viewing a pic or video you can use editors by going to menu and choosing edit.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Some lock apps can't override the stock locker believe me I've tried many of them then i found Magic Locker; its a great app and has lots of theme's to chose from and it overrides the stock locker. And as far as the photo and video editors; u wont find them in the app drawer. Whenever u r viewing a pic or video you can use editors by going to menu and choosing edit.

Check Go-Lockers options, it might have an override option, I know that Widget Locker does (Its what I use). The Override option requires Root Access though.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Check Go-Lockers options, it might have an override option, I know that Widget Locker does (Its what I use). The Override option requires Root Access though.

Magic Locker doesn't require root

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Magic Locker doesn't require root

Lol I was saying that the Widget Locker Override requires it, which shouldn't be a problem since you have to be rooted to be on SD.

Personally I love Widget Locker b/c of all the customization, there's several threads on XDA full of custom themes. (Link)

I haven't tried the other app's though.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Lol I was saying that the Widget Locker Override requires it, which shouldn't be a problem since you have to be rooted to be on SD.

Personally I love Widget Locker b/c of all the customization, there's several threads on XDA full of custom themes. (Link)

I haven't tried the other app's though.

That's true my bad I didnt even think of that when i said that about root and widget locker is a good app

smorey78

Reaction score
thanks guys for the Locker info...i am trying them all out...now what are the Updater and Social apps...addons. I know what all the others are and have already flashed some of them??