[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

weber3040

Reaction score
Another thing i thought was wierd...lol...for each time i put sd4.0 or sd4.5 on my d3, the first time i opened my camera, my phone just sat there for about a minute and didnt respond to anything and then my phone just restarted by itself...after that first time, it works just perfect....something for you gearheads to ponder :hail:

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Yeah, thats a weird one. I never noticed that problem personally, but I had it happen in past ROMs. Im not sure on why though. More food for thought.

weber3040

Reaction score
So as I've said before im kinda new to this stuff. What's the scoop with overclocking the d3? Is it possible? In the works? Sorry if its been discussed already. Give me the short version of it or maybe throw me a link to the discussion...if there is one.
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
So as I've said before im kinda new to this stuff. What's the scoop with overclocking the d3? Is it possible? In the works? Sorry if its been discussed already. Give me the short version of it or maybe throw me a link to the discussion...if there is one.
Thanks!

Not really, but someone over at XDA said they got 1.1 or 1.2GHz out of it by using some script. I doubt that, and so far, have yet to see any REAL overclocking. Whats killing us is the fact that the bootloader is still locked, and doesnt look like it will be cracked any day soon. :frown:

apl3

Reaction score
I have two questions before I load 4.5 using safestrap 1.08 I always wipe cache partition before installing do I also need to wipe data/factory reset also? Or do I just format /system? I was reading the install for Maverick and it says to do a factory reset do I do the factory reset after I install 4.5 or before?. Secondly does 4.5 work with the gsm radio as I am going to China for work. Thanks for the awesome rom.

Last edited:

ice177

Reaction score
i tried using safestrap today and i ended up getting a boot loop after i uninstalled it because i couldn't get it to work

krazyace38

Reaction score
I have two questions before I load 4.5 using safestrap 1.08 I always wipe cache partition before installing do I also need to wipe data/factory reset also? Or do I just format /system? I was reading the install for Maverick and it says to do a factory reset do I do the factory reset after I install 4.5 or before?. Secondly does 4.5 work with the gsm radio as I am going to China for work. Thanks for the awesome rom.

Boot into safestrap.

Factory data reset
Mounts menu>wipe /system wipe /data wipe /cache
Advanced menu> wipe Dalvik cache
Toggle safe mode to on
Install from zip
Reboot
As far as GSM it should work since this rom is based off the stock 5.7.894
Enjoy

krazyace38

Reaction score
i tried using safestrap today and i ended up getting a boot loop after i uninstalled it because i couldn't get it to work

Did you wipe everything and toggle safe mode to on

apl3

Reaction score
Thanks Krazy
I just want to clarify do I need to do a wipe data/factory reset? Is that the same as a factory data reset?

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
Anyone with ideas on why I can't download the rom straight to my phone.

I had the same problem i had to just keep trying. Alot of people have been downloading roms lately since all of the ne updated roms got posted. I figure the server is over loaded and 3g is gust not fast enough to download. I eventually got it to download to my phone it just took me about an hour to get it to do so

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks Krazy
I just want to clarify do I need to do a wipe data/factory reset? Is that the same as a factory data reset?

Wipe factory data reset in safestrap

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks Krazy

Steps to make a backup in non-safe mode and safe mode are the same, but they CAN NOT be restored interchangeably.

1. Reboot the phone (manually or via an app; ATM reboot to recovery is NOT supported.) 2. At splash screen press menu key. You are now in CWR. 3. Select backup and restore. 4. Select backup. 5. Should take about 1-3 minutes here. This backup is contained on your SDcard-ext (the physical card, unless you don't have one; I need verification that it works without an SD. 6. Done.

You'll notice in a file explorer, that the backups are separated in /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/non-safe-xxx-xxx and (once you make one) /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/safe-xxx-xxx as they cannot be flashed interchangeably.

To flash a ROM: 1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard 2. Reboot and access recovery as above. 3. Select Safe System 4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition) 5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary) 6. Select mounts and storage 7. Format /system 8. Back to main menu 9. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard 10. wipe data (in main menu) 11. wipe cache (in main menu) 12. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)

To restore your stock system: 1. Reboot into recovery. 2. select Safe System 3. Turn off Safe System 4. Reboot (again may not be necessary) 5. Backup and Restore 6. Select restore and the file to restore 7. Reboot