[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

keeler231

Reaction score
Dial *228, and do the update prl option (should be option 2) you'll have to hit 2with the physical keyboard though

Beamed down from my Droid 3

Thank you so much you're a life saver

I thought everything was ok but now I have reception and the roaming problem is gone. But I still can't use data or send/receive texts

Ok I chose option 1 when dialing *228 and fixed it

Last edited:

Boneyp

Reaction score
This is my first post on this site-

Over the last two days I read and researched through this forum enough to allow me to:
  • rooted my first phone ever
  • flash the steel rom
  • fixed the Stock email issues.
Cheers to the guys who made this happen.

Now on to themes and add ons........ any suggestions for very new newbies.

svickstc

Reaction score
This is my first post on this site-

Over the last two days I read and researched through this forum enough to allow me to:
  • rooted my first phone ever
  • flash the steel rom
  • fixed the Stock email issues.
Cheers to the guys who made this happen.

Now on to themes and add ons........ any suggestions for very new newbies.

Look for the site under steel droid section "Steel droid compatible themes" and try ones to see if you like them :)

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Thank you so much you're a life saver

I thought everything was ok but now I have reception and the roaming problem is gone. But I still can't use data or send/receive texts

Ok I chose option 1 when dialing *228 and fixed it

Excellent! No reason to panic right?

You may have to do the *228 routine again and choose option 2 this will fix your roaming...basically refresh your local towers.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (2.0) and TapaTalk

fresh2def1127

Reaction score
First of all, I am a newb when it comes to flashing. I have owned a droid previously, but I never truly explored it. I guess I've crossed over to the darkside now lol

My question is that I think I successfully flashed the ROM, the boot animation changed and so did the notification bar, but I still have all of of my old apps. When I opened titanium backup to freeze them, it doesn't show any apps, but all of my apps still work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried flashing again, or is this what its supposed to look like?

Thank you

GreenSnow

Reaction score
First of all, I am a newb when it comes to flashing. I have owned a droid previously, but I never truly explored it. I guess I've crossed over to the darkside now lol

My question is that I think I successfully flashed the ROM, the boot animation changed and so did the notification bar, but I still have all of of my old apps. When I opened titanium backup to freeze them, it doesn't show any apps, but all of my apps still work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried flashing again, or is this what its supposed to look like?

Thank you

If you have the bionic boot animation and the notification bar you did it right, when I did it I had all my same apps too, -i have all of them on the ext. SD card. All of the bloat ware should be gone though, -the 3 vzw apps, a couple games, golf, and some other stuff

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BlakLanner

Reaction score

Thank you

That happened because you did not do a factory reset to wipe your apps/data. It should be ok, as I did it that way too just to avoid having to reinstall everything, but you probably should wait on a more professional opinion on the topic.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
That happened because you did not do a factory reset to wipe your apps/data. It should be ok, as I did it that way too just to avoid having to reinstall everything, but you probably should wait on a more professional opinion on the topic.

Your right. My installs dont wipe the data partition, only the system. So all user apps will be retained.

fresh2def1127

Reaction score
Wow! Thank for all of the fast responses! Even a response from The Man himself! Lol

But for real, thanks guys.

bigmike35

Reaction score
Is the voice command apk not included in this rom, it did mine just disappear?

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Sweet rom. Had the same email difficulty, but since I only used it for yahoo, I just decided to abandon all the complexity and use the native yahoo mail app.

Couple things:

No quickoffice? I used that quite a bit. Anyone know a way to get that sucker back on the phone? Guess I could just use docs to go since I actually purchased that a long time ago anyway, but still...I was kinda liking quickoffice.

You think we can get that ATRIX camera app as a pre-installed system app for the next release? The DROID 3 cam app is a ball sucker. Its like 3 hours between the time you tap the button till it actually takes the picture. If you're trying for action shots forget it. (Maybe one of the top reasons why I am eyeballing the g-nex) I know I could just install it myself, but I don't have root explorer and I am getting tired of paying for all these root apps. Unless someone knows a way to install without root explorer. I have j rummy's App Manager app if anyone knows a way around having to pay for root explorer you would make my day.

scott240

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with the phone restarting by itself. I had it happen twice today and had to do a battery pull because when I pushed the power button to wake my phone up only my keyboard and the screen would light up but it was a black screen as if only the backlighting was turning on. I have not had any problems until today

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Sweet rom. Had the same email difficulty, but since I only used it for yahoo, I just decided to abandon all the complexity and use the native yahoo mail app.

Couple things:

No quickoffice? I used that quite a bit. Anyone know a way to get that sucker back on the phone? Guess I could just use docs to go since I actually purchased that a long time ago anyway, but still...I was kinda liking quickoffice.

You think we can get that ATRIX camera app as a pre-installed system app for the next release? The DROID 3 cam app is a ball sucker. Its like 3 hours between the time you tap the button till it actually takes the picture. If you're trying for action shots forget it. (Maybe one of the top reasons why I am eyeballing the g-nex) I know I could just install it myself, but I don't have root explorer and I am getting tired of paying for all these root apps. Unless someone knows a way to install without root explorer. I have j rummy's App Manager app if anyone knows a way around having to pay for root explorer you would make my day.

1: If you saved quickoffice with TB you can use that to restore it. Easy fix. 2: G-Nex according to the specs, only has a 5mp camera, the D3 has an 8mp one. 3: Root Explorer is a must have app for a rooted phone. Worth the money.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

RobbieMan

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that If you dont really use the phone too much the phone idle and standby is still high? Like I just woke up and they are at 43% and 35%.
Its weird though b/c the battery life is still good.