chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
:blink: My phone wont budge when im doing step...
8: Connect the phone, and when it says "Connected", hit "Start"
When I hit the start button it does not do anything :frown:
I also don't understand the Gingerbread concept can anyone please explain

Not sure why you wouldnt be able to start the app flashing process. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, or maybe reboot the computer.

As far as the "gingerbread concept", your going to have to help me out on this one. What exactly are you asking?

Riley

Reaction score
Just flashed this as my first ROM on my D3. Used to flash tons on my old D1. Looks good so far, quick question, I used my email application for my work email via our exchange servers, but see no app for that now. I can still get an email notification but it opens nothing to view it. What am I missing? Was that part of the universal inbox bloat or?

Reaction score
Ok a issue I have been having since i started using this ROM, is I can't seem to download anything from the Market without getting a notification saying I need to connect to a Wi-Fi connection. Anyone know why this would?

I can't seem to connect to any wireless access points.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I recently attempted to install the "addon" backup assistance, which still fc in steel droid 3, not that its really effected the phone in any way, is there any way to "un-install" backup assistance? Can I just use root explorer and simply delete it (located in /system/app) ? Or is it more complicated then that?

Its my ocd, that I have this process running that can't do anything, thanks!

nu2droid

Reaction score
I had a weird issue happen today. I went to take a picture and the phone froze. I unlocked the phone, opened the app drawer (blur launcher) and selected the camera (the one that came with). The screen went black with the little shutter picture in the center (as it would normally do) then it froze. Locked up the hole phone. Couldn't hit any buttons or even shut it off. After bout a minute the phone re-booted. Never forced closed or showed any errors.
After re-boot, it worked and is still working. I guess it was just one of those weird freaky things.
Anyone else have this?

Last edited:

Riley

Reaction score
Something I noticed today. In car dock mode, none off my apps run in landscape mode. Back on stock now. It's this a bug?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

svickstc

Reaction score
^^Nope this has been the most stable rom my D3 has seen yet, I am very impressed with Chevycam's work and really look forward to updates...

Im running SD 3.0 w/ ICS Theme, Synergy Liberty, ADW EX Launcher

edit: this post was directed towards the post above the car dock issue...

patfactorx

Reaction score
Btw I fixed my flashing problem from v.2. I reinstalled Bootstrap Recovery and was able to get the phone to flash again.

RobbieMan

Reaction score
Definitely strange. 8 hrs off charger and im at 90% bat, not bat. But my cell standby and idle is at 45 and 50% usage. Still about 9hrs and only 90% charged not too bad. Have this going with go launcher and by god its friggin snappy. Apps load instantly and I always have a good amount of free ram.

Riley

Reaction score
^^Nope this has been the most stable rom my D3 has seen yet, I am very impressed with Chevycam's work and really look forward to updates...

Im running SD 3.0 w/ ICS Theme, Synergy Liberty, ADW EX Launcher

edit: this post was directed towards the post above the car dock issue...

I didn't say it's not stable. I was asking about the car dock issue. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I recently attempted to install the "addon" backup assistance, which still fc in steel droid 3, not that its really effected the phone in any way, is there any way to "un-install" backup assistance? Can I just use root explorer and simply delete it (located in /system/app) ? Or is it more complicated then that?

Its my ocd, that I have this process running that can't do anything, thanks!

Sorry, just don't want my question to get buried in the thread… any thoughts?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Sorry, just don't want my question to get buried in the thread… any thoughts?

Yes, just delete the apps BackupAssistanceClient.apk and BuaContactAdapter.apk, from /system/app/ with Root Explorer.