[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

kshen1

Reaction score
Shouldnt have to wait long. Im just trying to get stock Messaging app to work correctly, and fix the contacts FC error, and Im golden! Flashing my butt off! Ive used the "SBF" file on the D3 about 7 times in the past 3 hours! Its CRAZY!

OMG can't wait...I hope this is AOSP :p

Edit: Wow I never read...-__-

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

erismaster

Reaction score
I'm very excited to try out steel droid. I ran it for a bit on my D1 and loved it. I cant wait to see how this runs with the D3's hardware. Thanks a ton in advance Chevycam94!

kshen1

Reaction score
damn it chevy, hurry up and post it me and erismaster have been stalking your profile for like 3 hours already :3

kshen1

Reaction score
Geez I wonder what's taking the upload so long. Ugh

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Rom is broken for two of my testers. Can't get it to boot. Should be easy fix though. Patience is a virtue!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Can you post any pics of the rom while we wait please

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I will see what I can do to ease the pain tonight. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Yes, I still want to release tonight. The upload is still going to take about an hour, hotel internet is never speedy. I think I have the Messaging issue fixed, and it seems to be booting now! I will test a few more key parts, write up a new OP, and post it!

Granted, its not a HUGE change into the world of Steel Droid, but it DOES work, run smooth, and have a LOT of bloated crap removed. I will work on theming parts of it when I am sure its stable enough. I will be working horrendous hours the next 3 days, so don't expect bug fixes to come instantly.

To answer your question cLoAk3d, I will NOT be able to include the radio patch in the release. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/63522.htmlEven if I could, I wouldn't, due to possible legal ramifications from Verizon. (Are there even any)

Last edited:

Endoroid

Reaction score
Yes, I still want to release tonight. The upload is still going to take about an hour, hotel internet is never speedy. I think I have the Messaging issue fixed, and it seems to be booting now! I will test a few more key parts, write up a new OP, and post it!

Granted, its not a HUGE change into the world of Steel Droid, but it DOES work, run smooth, and have a LOT of bloated crap removed. I will work on theming parts of it when I am sure its stable enough. I will be working horrendous hours the next 3 days, so don't expect bug fixes to come instantly.

To answer your question cLoAk3d, I will NOT be able to include the radio patch in the release. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/63522.htmlEven if I could, I wouldn't, due to possible legal ramifications from Verizon. (Are there even any)

I'm new to the world of ROMS and androids in general. Is this likely to work on the xt860? While I know the phones are basically the same, I believe the radio hardware is different. I do remember reading somewhere that flashing something to do with radio will brick your phone beyond recovery.

Or is this just a stupid question
Sent from my rooted xt860

kshen1

Reaction score
I'm new to the world of ROMS and androids in general. Is this likely to work on the xt860? While I know the phones are basically the same, I believe the radio hardware is different. I do remember reading somewhere that flashing something to do with radio will brick your phone beyond recovery.

Or is this just a stupid question
Sent from my rooted xt860

No, sorry. ROMs are built for specifics devices ):