[RELEASE] Simply Stunning 2.0.3 - 1.2Ghz ESE53 2.1 - (3/14/2010) - New Patchers!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, did a nandroid restore... so I guess I'm just a little SPRecovery illiterate. Please forgive me, please, don't yell at me. I'm trying. So now what i need to do is add a lower kernel, flash the ROM, then go back to SPRecovery and flash a kernel, right?

2. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You put the unzipped ROM into the Nandroid folder on your SD card right? You're also, going to want to put the kernel you want to use on the root (top level) of the SD card and make sure it's named "update.zip". Then boot into SPRecovery, do a data and cache wipe (I do both several times just to make sure), go to Advanced Nandroid Restore, and select Simply Stunning 2.0.3. After it loads you can back out to the main SPRecovery menu by hitting the power button a few times. Then go to Install, click Allow update.zip installation, and finally click Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated). You have now loaded the ROM and flashed the kernel. Reboot your phone and it should load up. It will take a few minutes the first time.

3. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my troubles just keep growing... wiped data, which seems to have removed SPRecovery? I was using the update.zip method to attempt to install ROM, but now I lost SPRecovery... ugh. So I guess i'll start my search for SPRecovery download since DMupdater is no longer available on the market and i have a clean factory phone with no way to load my nandroid backup! Rooting = frustrating at times... haha. but so worth it...

4. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DroidMod is a 2.0.1 based ROM so you definitely did NOT want to use the update.zip method to install the ROM. Not sure how you removed SPRecovery though. In this thread there is a link to download it again and instructions to install it. Good luck.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

5. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first attempt was using the update.zip method for the ROM install... I was under the impression I had to use that method when coming from a 2.0.1? Maybe I misread something, at any rate I'm giving it one more go at the update.zip method, if this doesn't work I'll restore and try the nandroid method.

6. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for all your help! was able to get sprecovery back, performing a nandroid restore to before i started doing all this, then I will try your method.

However, if for some reason this doesnt work is there anyways to mount my phone to my mac in sprecovery to replace my nandroid info with my good 2.0.1 backup? or am i just gonna have to get an sd card reader and a micro adapter and do it all old fashioned like?

7. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure you can mount your SD card while in SPRecovery. Go into the Mounting Options on the main screen and there should be an option in there.

Make sure you read the Nandroid instructions on the first page of this thread to do the install and you should be okay.

8. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New problem. Tried nandroid method, unzipped files, added the folder with unzipped files to nandroid, tried to perform advanced restore using those files only to receive a "nandroid exited with error (or something of the sort) 21" mid restore... so again, restored to 2.0.1 rooted nandroid backup... no idea where to go from here...

9. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    found out what the eror code 21 is... space in the file name. stupid me. hold for retry...

10. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, sorry to flood the thread, but after fixing the space in the file name error, i know get error code 25... which apparently means the rom is in tooo many sub folders. when i unzipped with my mac, it created a folder, named the same as the zip. inside that folder is 2 folders, META-INF, system, and a boot.img... what the hell is going on here??? I really want to try this ROM but I'm about to give up! ugh.

11. awacker89

awacker89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    help, please?

12. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you should only have 1 folder named simply stunning. within that single folder should be your meta-inf folders and boot img. it should look like this if its on your c drive
    C:simplystunning
    not C:simplystunning/simplystunning

Search tags for this page

8pen 2.0.3 download

htc evo bottom buttons not working