[RELEASE] Simply Stunning 2.0.3 - 1.2Ghz ESE53 2.1 - (3/14/2010) - New Patchers!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

What's New - This IS a 2.1 ROM

1. Google Maps fixed (only an issue if you did not wipe when flashing this ROM; Maps itself is not included)
    2. busybox fixed!
    3. Kernels now includes TUN
    4. Modified framework to work with PulldownEditor
    5. Nexus LWP will be less intensive on the CPU (cuts cpu usage almost in half; credit to ReverendYo)
    6. Including options for different colors on Nexus LWP
    7. Including a patcher for an auto-rotate launcher (not LWP interactive)
    8. Including glassed Facebook which was missed last time
    9. Updated stock theme patcher to include news/music
    10. Putting AlarmClock back in for the dock folks who were getting FC's

WIFI-Tether is enabled, but the app itself is not included; links towards bottom of post.

If you are coming from 2.0.1, you MUST data wipe - if you do not, you WILL have problems. This is also a good idea if you are coming from one of my 1.0.x versions of SimplyStunning - those were not ERE/ESE builds.

If you are running any of my previous ERE/ESE builds (2.0.x), you can just restore this right over top of what you have and do NOT need to wipe.

NOTE: If you are wiping, and after rebooting it sits on the red eye for a while - be patient, as it is rebuilding the entire dalvik-cache from scratch (because this ROM is de-odexed). This means a slow first boot up, maybe 2-3 minutes. If the kernel is a problem, you will get stuck on the 'M'. In this case, flash a lower kernel AFTER the ROM.

This build comes with the 1.2Ghz kernel; you can change that if you wish with the kernels I've also listed.

Simply Stunning v2.0.3 Nandroid
    Simply Stunning v2.0.3 Update.zip (existing v2.0.x users)
    Stock Theme Patcher (update.zip) - Will revert to 3-screen Launcher as well
    Try out JIT

Kernels (update.zip format):

5-slot 1.0Ghz Kernel
    5-slot 1.1Ghz Kernel
    5-slot 1.2Ghz Kernel
    5-slot 1.25Ghz Kernel

Nexus Live Wallpaper Color Options (update.zip format):

Nexus Blue
    Nexus Red
    Nexus Green
    Nexus Original

Nandroid Installation Instructions:

-NO data wiping required if using 2.1 now - your settings and apps stay intact, just like update.zip
    -It is strongly suggested to nandroid-backup your current ROM before doing anything!
    -Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
    -Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery mode
    -Backup/Restore
    -Advanced Nandroid Restore
    -Choose backup (select the ROM)
    -Perform Restore
    -Done!

Do not worry that it shows 'data' as automatically being selected. It doesn't matter, as no data partition is in this nandroid backup.
    Your data is safe and will not be touched!

Update.zip Installation Instructions:

- Rename whatever file you are installing to update.zip. Place on root of sdcard.
    - Boot into sprecovery.
    - 'Install'
    - 'Allow update.zip'
    - 'Install'
    - 'Reboot'

Base:

ESE53

What's Inside the Box:

-Overclocked Kernel with five slots allows clocking of 125-1200 MHz in mixed steps (credit to ChevyNo1)
    - Check the 'other kernels' link if you want a different speed, or a 10-slot kernel
    - Supports TempMonitor
    - I have spent many hours tweaking this kernel to run at the lowest possible voltage (no significant increase until 1100Mhz)
    - With the 2.0.1 launcher, my testing + real world use has been rock solid, no reboots, no FC's, even @ 1.25Ghz

- This is a new kernel from previous releases that should run cooler, therefore more stable. This ALSO includes the STOCK
    - 550Mhz slot, and the kernel DEFAULTS to that speed, until you use an app like SetCPU.

-Corporate Calendar
    -2.1 Desk Clock
    -2.1 Keyboard with voice input
    -2.1 Gallery 3D, MultiTouch
    -2.1 Music App
    -2.1 Glassed News and Weather App (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -2.1 Live Wallpapers
    -2.0.1 5-screen Launcher (credit to xeudoxus)
    -HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
    -HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -Disabled OTA Updates
    -Disabled default ring delay of 3 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -*Battery Saver* Wifi Scans Increased to 30 seconds (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -Version Information In Settings > About Phone
    -Completely Deodexed System (meaning easily customizable)
    -SuperUser App
    -Flash Image
    -Busybox

-Added commands sysrw/sysro for mounting /system read/write or readonly. Also note that sysro remounts read only AND performs the sync for you

-Added new Linux commands that I sorely missed:

more
    head
    tail
    which
    cp
    grep
    find
    awk
    sed
    less
    wc

Cleaned/linked the following commands which unnecessarily eat up 10MB of /system:

ash
    chmod
    clear
    cp
    dd
    ifconfig
    kill
    printenv
    traceroute
    unzip
    vconfig
    vi
    who
    whoami

Removed:

-Camera Shutter Sound
    -Video Recording Sound (credit to ChevyNo1)

Theme:

-Smoked Glass Blue (credit to AdamZ modified by ChevyNo1)
    -Added custom status bar icons (credit to blake2050@droidforums)
    -Added extra custom status bar icons (credit to mjones1052@droidforums)
    -Progress bars changed to match blue theme (credit to ChevyNo1)
    -Clear push-icons on desktop (credit to ReverendYo - skinned from Alldroid community ROM)
    -White Clock (credit to Ohsaka)

Recommended Apps:

Wifi-Tether
    SetCPU - not included as it is a paid Market app

Bugs:

-Sometimes the auto-brightness does not work if your phone has just rebooted. Simply pressing the power button twice will fix it.
    -In the pulldown, the music information is still black, making it hard to read - working on this
    -Fresh installs (ie after wiping) will show the browser icon sitting on top of contacts - simply move it

Disclaimer:

This is an overclock ROM, therefore if you're not careful, you'll do damage. I am not responsible for any such damage, you use this of your own free will.

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome - bugs included
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. myz06vette

myz06vette New Member

Right on. Flashing update.zip now! You da man.
  3. Mikejl

Mikejl New Member

Update went smooth. Thanks for adding the desert scene to the wallpapers.

In case you didn't already know, there are 2 analog clock choices in the widgets menu.

Mike
  4. myz06vette

myz06vette New Member

Ok, I see you've changed the banner text default from "Verizon Wireless" to "Simply Stunning" -- I've got pulldown editor 2.0 and MetaMorph and I cannot for the life of me get this working. I get an IOException - nomedia error every time. When I try the update.zip method for changing the text, it doesn't even create one. But you were successful in changing it to "Simply Stunning" by default. Any ideas on what to try? Dave (pulldown editor dev) says it should be compatible with SS, your changelog says it should be for this v2.0.3, but I am hitting a dead end. Thanks in advance.

Everything else looks and runs great, as always!
  5. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

Installed .zip coming from 2.0.2 and loaded the 5-slot kernel. All is well. Really didn't need to upgrade but wanted the Simply Stunning to replace the Verizon Wireless and I haven't gotten around to researching how to manually do that. :)
  6. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Did you download the separate 5-slot kernel for overclocking, or you just using the built-in one with the ROM?? I'm using 2.0.2 right now, I had it OC'd to 1.2GHz, then my browser got all messed up from trying to restore bookmarks from DM1.0, then I re-flashed, and when I went to 1.2GHz it kept boot-looping for some reason, no idea why...

Yo Chevy or anybody else, would you recommend just using the built-in kernel with 2.0.3, or are the separate 5-slot ones better? I think they're just different speeds and that's the only difference, not sure though.
  7. briankeith513

briankeith513 New Member

Only problem that I have is that after the Nandroid installation, it uninstalled Weather Channel app. When I go to the Market, I still see it under Downloads, but when I try to reinstall it, it says "installation unsuccessful ". "Missing shared library".
  8. ChevyNo1

The one that comes with the ROM is the same as the 1.2Ghz link for the kernels ...

Since you went to DM1.0 (which is 2.0.1) did you wipe when coming back to my ROM?
  9. ChevyNo1

I did get a PM from the PulldownEditor dev, and I did fix what he pointed out was causing an issue with his app. So you tried his editor on 2.0.3 and it's failing?
  10. neonerz

neonerz New Member

Should the cifs.ko you compiled in the other thread work with this release?
  11. ChevyNo1

Yes it should .. let me know if you find otherwise
  12. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan New Member

I can't seem to get the update version to work. I just keeps saying install aborted. i have changed the file name to just update like im supposed to, but im stumped.
  13. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Yay! :D I'm totally hopping off the cyanogen rom bandwagon to flash this later!
  14. blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39 New Member

Yeah. Is the kernel included more stable and more efficient then the other ones? what happened to the 10 slot ones? i like to keep mine OC'ed to 900mhz or 1ghz. usually nevermore.

chevy=king
  15. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 New Member

Hey Chevy great job again as always. Quick question though. Could I use the ten slot kernel I was using on 2.0.2 or not really miss those my phones runs way cooler on that.
  16. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

Oh c'mon you guys are killing me with these ****ty file hosts!
  17. GameBoiye

GameBoiye New Member

Experiencing a few crashes after running the update.zip (phone freezes and then turns off). Running at 1.2ghz. I was running 2.0.2 at the same speed all day for 2 days strait with no crashes and with heavy use.

Came strait from 2.0.2 that was installed after fresh wipe with nandroid restore, and updated to 2.0.3 with the update.zip.

Should I have done another wipe? Anyone else have this same problem?

Edit: They all seemed to happen right after install. It was prompting force closes with meridian, gallery, and pandora just before freezes, which I have widgets on one of my screen. I have removed the widgets and readded them, seeing if that might help. So far the crashes happened 3 times when trying to open the settings > about phone > status. It crashed once while switching screens. And once on the lock screen. Just updating to give more of how and when the crashes happened, just in case it's not just my phone (though I'm thinking it might just be me only)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  18. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I made the backup for the bookmarks using either DM or smoked glass, can't remember, then in your rom I usedtitanium to restore the backups, but it restored the settings from the 2.0.1 rom, which I think is what made it go all bonkers on me. It's working fine now though, just wondering if I should even bother upgrading to your 2.0.3 simply stunning rom, since 2.0.2 is working flawlessly.
    Only thing I'm trying to figure out now is the overclocking kernels. As I don't know why it worked fine originally, then when I restored my browser bookmarks/settings is when the browser kept closing, so I re-flashed, OC'd to 1.2ghz again, then got constant boot loops for some reason. Then I had to re-flash once again, then downloaded the 1.0ghz kernel to be safe, now it works fine. Just trying to figure out which kernel I should go with for 2.0.3
  19. mcramen

mcramen New Member

Used update file to update from 2.0.2

After update... few boot loopings to get into home screen.
    And if i try to trun phone off, it turns right back on...

I will try with nandroid restore and see what happen
  20. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan New Member

I don't know what changed, but i just deleted the update from my root, and redownloaded the update zip and it worked like it should this time, thats wierd.
Search tags for this page

8pen 2.0.3 download

htc evo bottom buttons not working