[Release] New Theme - PINK-LIFE

Reaction score
Either should work. ROM manager simply makes it easier to backup/download/swap/catalog your various ROMS.

I think I'll go the easier route then since I'm new to all this. So, all these steps:

"flash SPRecovery, then root 2.1, then install the free version of ROM Manager, then upgrade and install the paid version of ROM Manager, then run ROM Manager and choose the first option when I open the program to flash clockwork mod recovery, then after that I install this rom through the ROM Manager?"

were correct and in the right order? I just want to make sure I do it right :) Thanks so much for all the help!! I'm so excited to be showing off my new girlie pink Droid! I LOVE this theme!!

Jokerz

Reaction score
This is a perfect theme for droid-life. I'm subscribed to him on youtube and I'm sure he will be posting a video on this theme within the next couple of days. Great theme as always.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does this theme can be mounted on Bugless Beast????

Not positive, but i think Jrummy is based off of cyanogen ROMs, not BB, so my guess would be no

This is based off cm.. however I will be releasing a stock ese81 rom built from source this week w/ all my themes if everything goes to plan.

Reaction score
Either should work. ROM manager simply makes it easier to backup/download/swap/catalog your various ROMS.

I think I'll go the easier route then since I'm new to all this. So, all these steps:

"flash SPRecovery, then root 2.1, then install the free version of ROM Manager, then upgrade and install the paid version of ROM Manager, then run ROM Manager and choose the first option when I open the program to flash clockwork mod recovery, then after that I install this rom through the ROM Manager?"

were correct and in the right order? I just want to make sure I do it right :) Thanks so much for all the help!! I'm so excited to be showing off my new girlie pink Droid! I LOVE this theme!!

correct. just make sure you have a google account so it syncs all your contacts bc when you wipe data/cache, you lose everything

Reaction score
correct. just make sure you have a google account so it syncs all your contacts bc when you wipe data/cache, you lose everything

I've got everything on the Google cloud, so that won't be a problem. My droid is brand new, so wiping isn't really a big deal because there really isn't anything to lose at this point. I'm starting my Droid experience fresh with this beautiful ROM and I'll build my Droid from there. So excited to learn everything this baby can do! I've got everything downloaded and installed to get through this rooting and ROM installation process and will be able to dive into it tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Thanks for everyone's help!!

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
...I even had my girlfriend mod the wallpaper...

How is she with live wallpapers?

I would love to have the magic smoke/plasma LWP swirling around in pink for this theme!

I haven't asked her to look at that yet. She threatened to stab me on FB over my pickiness with the static one. LOL

DroidLover1981

Reaction score
I don't think it works with Bugless Beast :-( I tried twice and I just get a black screen of death when it tries to reboot and my screen buttons are still lit up. I get a few starry flashes on my screen. I noticed though that the wigets update and such, but everything else....booo. :)

Please make update for Bugless, it would be most appreciated! :)

Reaction score
One more question.....now I'm trying to grasp the concept of overclocking.....this ROM comes with an overclocking kernel already, right? So, after I flash SPRecovery, root 2.1 and install ROM Manager, do I need to install Set CPU before I download and install this ROM or after I have installed it since the wipe would wipe it out anyway, right?

Reaction score
It doesnt matter whether you download it before hand or afterwards. Since setpc is a paid app, once you install a rom and wipe data/cache, if you go to the market and hit menu, go to downloads, all your paid apps will be there

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
One more question.....now I'm trying to grasp the concept of overclocking.....this ROM comes with an overclocking kernel already, right? So, after I flash SPRecovery, root 2.1 and install ROM Manager, do I need to install Set CPU before I download and install this ROM or after I have installed it since the wipe would wipe it out anyway, right?

Pink-Life doesn't come w/ an oc kernel (unless you chose one from the customizer on rom manager). You can get setcpu for free on xda-developers or $1 from the market.

Reaction score
It doesnt matter whether you download it before hand or afterwards. Since setpc is a paid app, once you install a rom and wipe data/cache, if you go to the market and hit menu, go to downloads, all your paid apps will be there

Great! Thanks!

Pink-Life doesn't come w/ an oc kernel (unless you chose one from the customizer on rom manager). You can get setcpu for free on xda-developers or $1 from the market.

I was going to install this using the tutorial on Droid-Life which gives instructions going through ROM Manager and says to select JRummy and "Rom w/ Pink-Life (Customizer)". I don't really know any of the other options - I'm just going to be following all of these tutorials to the letter.

tehstevo

Reaction score
I also would love this theme for Bugless Beast. You did a great job on it!

In the meantime, I'm trying to apply it to see how far it'll go and how well it works. Thanks!

Reaction score
So far, so good! Got SPRecovery flashed, got 2.1 root installed, flashed clockwork mod recovery and now I'm at the point of downloading and installing this rom. For the kernel, I chose 7 slot 1Ghz LV and it's downloading now, but I'm starting to get cold feet jumping into overclocking being brand new to the Droid and all.....seems like you can run into problems a lot easier when you start messing with kernels. If I wanted to redownload this rom before installing it and not mess with kernels, would I choose the "No, thank you" option or the default kernel option when I get to that part?