[Release] New Theme - PINK-LIFE

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I am not sure that I have the 2.1 update on my phone yet. I don't know if it already came with the update from Verizon or if I needed to manually update it - which I haven't. My husband took my phone to work with him today to try it out because he was thinking of getting one too, so I can't check for sure until tonight, but if it does still have the 2.0 on it what process would I have to go through then? Would I have to update to 2.1 and then follow the instructions in the tutorial link you gave me? Or would it be easier to root the phone from 2.0 and then apply your rom?

princedon

Reaction score
i dont know how to do this i keep downloading it but its not working i think cuase its zipped it that tru can some one help me

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I am not sure that I have the 2.1 update on my phone yet. I don't know if it already came with the update from Verizon or if I needed to manually update it - which I haven't. My husband took my phone to work with him today to try it out because he was thinking of getting one too, so I can't check for sure until tonight, but if it does still have the 2.0 on it what process would I have to go through then? Would I have to update to 2.1 and then follow the instructions in the tutorial link you gave me? Or would it be easier to root the phone from 2.0 and then apply your rom?

On the homescreen, hit the menu button and go to settings... scroll down to about phone all the way on the bottom, click that and look at firmware version and it will tell you what your running. It should say 2.1 that update has been out for a while.

Reaction score
Yea, it's on 2.1, so I'll follow the tutorial to root 2.1 and then follow the tutorial to install this theme via Rom Manager. One question though, after I've rooted the phone and am going through ROM Manager to install this rom, when I get to the step where I have the option to wipe data - the tutorial says that I won't need to do a wipe if I'm coming from another ESE81 ROM, which is what the stock 2.1 rooted rom that I will be putting on my phone is, right? So, I won't need to do a wipe when I get to that part? And as far as a backup....how do I make a backup before I do this root process in case I mess something up? I don't know how I would revert back to where I started if something goes wrong.

Reaction score
Yea, it's on 2.1, so I'll follow the tutorial to root 2.1 and then follow the tutorial to install this theme via Rom Manager. One question though, after I've rooted the phone and am going through ROM Manager to install this rom, when I get to the step where I have the option to wipe data - the tutorial says that I won't need to do a wipe if I'm coming from another ESE81 ROM, which is what the stock 2.1 rooted rom that I will be putting on my phone is, right? So, I won't need to do a wipe when I get to that part? And as far as a backup....how do I make a backup before I do this root process in case I mess something up? I don't know how I would revert back to where I started if something goes wrong.

First, in order to download ROMS from rom manager, you need to get the purchased version, but make sure you have the free version downloaded first.. Second, I would wipe data/cache before installing this ROM anyway bc i'm not positive whether or not you need to wipe coming from the stock root. Third, after the ROM has downloaded from rom manager, before you install it, it will give you the option to wipe data/cache and to backup existing rom, where you can check the box and it does all the work for you.

Also, after downloaded rom manager, you need to flash the clockword mod recovery (its all in the app)

Hope this helped

Reaction score
Also, after downloaded rom manager, you need to flash the clockword mod recovery (its all in the app)

Hope this helped

Thanks so much for your help! It's all making perfect sense - download the free verison of ROM Manager, then upgrade to the paid version, then install this ROM and wipe data and cache.......all clicking until your last sentence. Before installing this ROM I have to flash clockword mod recovery? What is clockword mod recovery? I'm already going to be rooting 2.1 using SPRecovery - I have to do another recovery? What does clockword mod do? My head is spinning a bit....

Reaction score

Hope this helped

Thanks so much for your help! It's all making perfect sense - download the free verison of ROM Manager, then upgrade to the paid version, then install this ROM and wipe data and cache.......all clicking until your last sentence. Before installing this ROM I have to flash clockword mod recovery? What is clockword mod recovery? I'm already going to be rooting 2.1 using SPRecovery - I have to do another recovery? What does clockword mod do? My head is spinning a bit....

And in order to use RM, you need to flash clockword.. This is done within the program and is 10x simplier than SPR (although, in order to use RM, you need to be rooted, aka flash SPR). Once you first open RM, it will tell you that you need to flash clockwork... No reboot or anything needed, the program does it for you. It's the first option in the program

C10H15N

Reaction score
... when I get to the step where I have the option to wipe data - the tutorial says that I won't need to do a wipe if I'm coming from another ESE81 ROM, which is what the stock 2.1 rooted rom that I will be putting on my phone is, right? So, I won't need to do a wipe when I get to that part?

Coming from a stock 2.1, I would wipe. Coming from another CM 5.0.6.2, I would not wipe unless I started having problems (FCs) or the ROM dev recommended it.

Reaction score
And in order to use RM, you need to flash clockword.. This is done within the program and is 10x simplier than SPR (although, in order to use RM, you need to be rooted, aka flash SPR). Once you first open RM, it will tell you that you need to flash clockwork... No reboot or anything needed, the program does it for you. It's the first option in the program

Ok, so I need to flash SPRecovery, then root 2.1, then install the free version of ROM Manager, then upgrade and install the paid version of ROM Manager, then run ROM Manager and choose the first option when I open the program to flash clockwork mod recovery, then after that I install this rom through the ROM Manager? Did I get that all right?

Can I just flash SPRecovery, then download the zip file for this rom, put it in the root of my sd, reboot into recovery and install the rom that way? Or am I missing some crucial steps? Does this not give me the custom options for install that you would get if you installed it through ROM Manager? Or is it just a safer way to install it through ROM Manager?

C10H15N

Reaction score
Either should work. ROM manager simply makes it easier to backup/download/swap/catalog your various ROMS.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fantastic job. I started with the full on Droid Life setup and ended up changing it all around by the end of the night! I even had my girlfriend mod the wallpaper. (screenshot attached)

The only request I would humbly make is a pink themed LauncherPro Beta v0.2.0 with the auto rotate to landscape feature. If I'm not mistaken (and forgive me if I am) the one that came modded is Version 0.1.2 which won't auto rotate on the moto droid unless you slide open the keyboard a bit. I checked "launcher rotation" in Spare Parts, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Attachments

• snap.jpg
    snap.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 272