[RELEASE] jt1134 and Dirrk Kernels

bomber889

Reaction score
This is all taken from xda, here is the link to the original post.
[RELEASE] jt1134 and Dirrk Kernels - xda-developers

Hey guys-
I know it seems that development is going slow on this device, but please dont post links to kernels you find / repost links that are on IRC. Right now ALL kernels are very alpha, and some stuff may be broken, thats why kernels have been released in IRC and only IRC, so the developers can see instantly what the problem is.

If the original developer didnt post the kernel here, I would not flash it, just because it may be super outdated or may brick your device. The kernels that have been posted were never meant for public consumption, just for testing purposes past the devs themselves.

Voodoo is on the way, and we do have working source right now for voodoo, and all source is up at jt1134's Profile - GitHub if you want to try building it yourself.

To install the stock hacked kernel (for use with clockwork) you can install this zip in recovery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Fascinate Files/stockkernel-signed.zip

OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
Here are a few more overclocked kernels. I kanged an awesome patch from Unhelpful, that allows you to change cpu/voltage values on the fly without having to rebuild the kernel each time. If you don't know what that means, then exercise caution when using these kernels and have a backup

If you do know what that means, checkout my github to see how it's implemented.

Clock speeds have been modified to 100/400/800/1000 then 1100/1200 respectively, and are using stock voltage levels. DON'T USE ONDEMAND GOVERNOR! If you have issues with either kernel, you can simply delete /system/etc/setcpufreq.conf, and it will revert back to stock clock speeds.

BLATANT WARNING:
The cpu/voltage values can be changed on the fly, even without rebooting. If you decide to change these values, then you are on your own. Please understand what you are doing. If you break your phone and yell at me, I will laugh in your face for ignoring the blatant warning.
END BLATANT WARNING

Last edited:

agenthex

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is off-topic, but do these kernels support iptables for using android-wifi-tether? I remember when I rooted my brother's Droid 1 that I needed a special kernel. Is wifi-tether supported by stock kernel once rooted?

stevonyc35

Reaction score
im running dirrks SV1200 and working fine for me.
i dont use wi fi tether so i can't confirm if you need a special kernel like you did on the original droid.

agenthex

Reaction score
I had wifi tether as soon as I was rooted

This is odd. I rooted manually pushing su and busybox through adb, and I can't get wifi-tether to work. I've tried Barnacle and bluTether, too. No luck. Help?

stanrc

Reaction score
I used wifi tether for root, you have to use a certain version online, the one on the market didn't work.