Release is great an all but....

natezire71

Reaction score
How the heck do we restore our data? Titanium? That won't work due to the lack of USB Storage.

What do? :eek:

scdown

Reaction score
How the heck do we restore our data? Titanium? That won't work due to the lack of USB Storage.

Here's a guess - get the SD card contents to your PC. Zip them. Do an ADB push of the zip file and then use Astro (will it open zips?) to extract them (or some similar app). Then, use Titanium to restore. Haven't tried it myself but I imagine it's what I'd try unless someone had a better procedure.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Here's a guess - get the SD card contents to your PC. Zip them. Do an ADB push of the zip file and then use Astro (will it open zips?) to extract them (or some similar app). Then, use Titanium to restore. Haven't tried it myself but I imagine it's what I'd try unless someone had a better procedure.

Actually, you're the first person I've heard suggest an adb push. Something short of genius. Don't know why I didn't think of that.... Guess I'm too excited.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

Back your SD card to your computer and load it all back on to your G-Nex. Sync all of your contacts and apps to your Google account prior to activating your G-Nex also. Or I suppose if you have a MAC you can back up your SD card to your computer and zip it up and upload it to mediafire or some other site and just download it from your phone and viola.

Or this.

phishn

Reaction score
I'm going to do a backup of my og droid, copy it to nexus, and use appextractor for first try.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not since 2.3 has android been an SD card for its internal mem. This will look the same in windows but function just a bit differently. I dont think there will be a prob backing up and pushing with adb.

GoBears

Reaction score
I think Mac users only have to download an app on the market. To the phone not the PC.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
Not since 2.3 has android been an SD card for its internal mem. This will look the same in windows but function just a bit differently. I dont think there will be a prob backing up and pushing with adb.

My question is "where do we push it?" I would assume we just make a folder, and push it there, correct?

djras1

Reaction score
use Titanium to backup to Dropbox... then restore from Drobox on the GNex

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do this if you have a Windows PC. If you have a MAC you cannot.

People use Macs? :icon_ devil:

Just some advice, I wouldn't be so quick to load your settings to ICS, remember it's a totally revamped OS.

But yes, it's fairly easy to push a zip file on a non-pc, with a PC simply do mount usb like normal.