[RELEASE] Importune, Xeudoxus and pandroid bring you....AVALON!!

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
FIRSTLY -If you didn't wipe clean when you installed sapphire 1.1.1, you may be having problems with a couple FCs. If you see an app force close, try and clear the data for that app in settings -> applications. But, we don't actually want you to do this, we'd rather you wiped when you installed sapphire. :X

1. BLACK APPS WALLPAPER - A freshly installed copy of avalon over a freshly installed copy of sapphire 1.1.1 has a white background. Using a third party launcher, though, obviously resets that background to whatever the third party launcher has. Some have the option to change it, if so, give that a shot. If not, consider using this for now: http://avalondroid.info/forums/index.php?/topic/22-lp-dock-icons-updated/

2. GOOGLE ACCOUNT NOT SHOWING UP - We have not touched anything in the account sync section, however, when you install sapphire do you not get the account setup on first boot? As stated on the download page, we expect a wipe when installing sapphire.

3. WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND - this is a common problem with editing so much of the framework, and especially true because avalon is a white theme. Avalon has done a ton of "firsts", so we have some things to work out. Metamorph patches are going to be one way to fix apps on a per-app basis. We'll be adding a section on avalondroid.info to request any app you want fixed, and there is already a "white on white fixes" section in the downloads section of avalondroid.info to let you download what we've got. Just need a couple days.

my issue with the google account not showing was this...

I wiped her 3 times and applied sapphire...no account log in came on, and I rushed the install of avalon. After avalon was flashed, I had no contacts no apps, ect...What I had to do was flash sapphire back which entailed me flashing again 3 times and installing sapphire. After that I did some reading that i neglected to do last time. I downloaded the googleapps file from sapphire:releases:1.1.1 [CCRoms Wiki] and installed over top of sapphire.

That seemed to get me to get my google account to work and now Im in the process of flashing avalon back up. I can wait for the white on white text. Im sure you guys have worked real hard getting this out...she is a beautiful theme. Like I said before, this should have been what google used rather than stock android...This and darkedge made my D1 completely refreshed and she looks better than ever.

Thanks for all of your hard work fellas, and know that we all appreciate it!

MCdevil58

Reaction score
I find this specially hard to see, I don't know if anyone else agree but how can I change the color of the labels on Astro or Root Explorer?

snapshot-1.png
snapshot1.png

snapshot2.png

I also was hopping to see the background of the apps drawer white , but maybe on the next release perhaps?..
snapshot5.png

Here's a my little set up so far, pretty basic but enjoying all the "whiteness" lol :):icon_ banana:

snapshot3.png
snapshot4.png

importune,

Could I get an AVALON sig with my name on it?... that will be awesome... ;)

i agree that it is hard to read that white on white writing on some apps and if you have ADW launcher i believe you can change the background color of hte launcher page in its settings

Relex

Reaction score
Thanks for the release ! I've been waiting for this ever since the original thread was started.

I'll have to switch from bugless when I get the time this weekend.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Nice to open up DF this morning and see your homescreen on the main page!!! I'm famous now!! hahaha

Really a very comprehensive theme here people!! Def. A must try

Glad someone liked my screen set up!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uhmmm when you gonna port it to the droid 2 :D .

dropseys

Reaction score
I love it. Saphire doesn't like my phone so much, but I love this theme. If saphire doesn't settle and give me full functions of my phone I may have to go back to BB. It will be hard as much as I love this theme. Gotta have it. Any thoughts on porting to BB?

MrSpeed3

Reaction score
I hope this makes its way over to the Droid X...I downloaded this on my droid already and love it! no bugs yet and my app drawer isnt black! love the whiteness. lol

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I tried it. In some apps that weren't skinned it made the background white so you couldn't read the text. I think I'll stick with my old skin and rom. However, I'm sure 99% of others will enjoy this theme. It's just not for me.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
must.... port.... to.... ultimate droid 2.0.0.... but.... dont feel like it, haha.

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
No probs yet .. only the white text is a bit hard to read with some apps. Not a dealbreaker tho..
Very nice!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks Real Good. Great Job Guys.
Been waiting to see how this turned out. I like the white. I might have to give this a try. It will be hard to let go of SS though I've never used another rom.

sanc

Reaction score
How do you get the widgets and launcher like that?

How can I get my launcher, calendar, battery percentage like Cereal Killer's post on the first page?