[RELEASE] Importune, Xeudoxus and pandroid bring you....AVALON!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome work guys, glad this has finally been released to the masses. Its always refreshing to have something new and unique to use on your phone.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Works on the Incredible using Ruby 1.1.1
I was surprised to see that the app drawer background is black.
The boot animation is awesome!
I will be using this for a while! Good Job!

The app drawer background isn't black.......?

killher

Reaction score

Its black on mine too. I thought it was weird since the closed beta's was white

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

alonsou

Reaction score
I find this specially hard to see, I don't know if anyone else agree but how can I change the color of the labels on Astro or Root Explorer?

snapshot-1.png
snapshot1.png

snapshot2.png

I also was hopping to see the background of the apps drawer white , but maybe on the next release perhaps?..
snapshot5.png

Here's a my little set up so far, pretty basic but enjoying all the "whiteness" lol :):icon_ banana:

snapshot3.png
snapshot4.png

importune,

Could I get an AVALON sig with my name on it?... that will be awesome... ;)

Reaction score

Not if you switch launchers from Launcher2 to Launcher Pro...I had the white background when I was in L2, but when I switched over I "lost" it and my background when is black as well.

djbrent2

Reaction score
my news widget is also force closing. it opened once, but it looked white on white - unreadable. i have to wipe and wait for final. :(

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
great looking rom...

few things...I cant sync my google account with it...and when i go into settings to do so manually it only comes up with corporate and facebook.

And the text for some apps, alot like darkedge are unreadable. Im sure there is a way around that, but I have no idea how to do so. Im guessing Metamorph

I think this and darkedge should have been what came on the D1 initially. Both flippin' beautiful.

Avalon so far is my favorite.

I do have the white apps tray but its because i left all stuff stock.

/////

while writing this I flashed back to sapphire 1.1.1 and im getting the same issue with not being able to sync my google account. Maybe that is where my problem stems from.

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FIRSTLY -If you didn't wipe clean when you installed sapphire 1.1.1, you may be having problems with a couple FCs. If you see an app force close, try and clear the data for that app in settings -> applications. But, we don't actually want you to do this, we'd rather you wiped when you installed sapphire. :X

1. BLACK APPS WALLPAPER - A freshly installed copy of avalon over a freshly installed copy of sapphire 1.1.1 has a white background. Using a third party launcher, though, obviously resets that background to whatever the third party launcher has. Some have the option to change it, if so, give that a shot. If not, consider using this for now: http://avalondroid.info/forums/index.php?/topic/22-lp-dock-icons-updated/

2. GOOGLE ACCOUNT NOT SHOWING UP - We have not touched anything in the account sync section, however, when you install sapphire do you not get the account setup on first boot? As stated on the download page, we expect a wipe when installing sapphire.

3. WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND - this is a common problem with editing so much of the framework, and especially true because avalon is a white theme. Avalon has done a ton of "firsts", so we have some things to work out. Metamorph patches are going to be one way to fix apps on a per-app basis. We'll be adding a section on avalondroid.info to request any app you want fixed, and there is already a "white on white fixes" section in the downloads section of avalondroid.info to let you download what we've got. Just need a couple days.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
great looking rom...

few things...I cant sync my google account with it...and when i go into settings to do so manually it only comes up with corporate and facebook.

And the text for some apps, alot like darkedge are unreadable. Im sure there is a way around that, but I have no idea how to do so. Im guessing Metamorph

I think this and darkedge should have been what came on the D1 initially. Both flippin' beautiful.

Avalon so far is my favorite.

I do have the white apps tray but its because i left all stuff stock.

/////

while writing this I flashed back to sapphire 1.1.1 and im getting the same issue with not being able to sync my google account. Maybe that is where my problem stems from.

the google account is better, all my apps and contacts are syncing. Now its just the white on white text kinda hard to read, but it was the same with darkedge.

love the work you guys do, simply awesome.