release dates

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by jonpearson, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jonpearson

jonpearson New Member

T-Mobile 6/27
    ATT 6/28
    Verizon 7/9

Yeah T-Mobile pushed the date back sorry
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. justdhutch

justdhutch New Member

WRONG!

Or updated at least. Tmobile wont be getting theirs until the 27th now. Yay! Everyone is getting closer and closer to the verizon date! I don't want to be last.

Edit: Also check other forums. People on sprint have tracking numbers they say they are getting theirs tomorrow. So 6/21 for sprint.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. ScarletBuckeye

ScarletBuckeye New Member

some ATT have shipped as well
  4. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit New Member

Looks like they are having a supply and demand issue, per Samsung Facebook page..

[​IMG]Samsung Support Hi! I want to sincerely apologize for the frustration caused. Samsung has seen unprecedented demand for the Galaxy S III in North American market. As a result, there is a possible/slight delay providing our carrier partners with a...s many devices as had hoped at initial launch time. We are working around the clock to catch up to the demand and anticipate that our supply will be caught up within the next few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will update you as we receive more information. Thank you!
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
  5. ScarletBuckeye

Still doesn't explain why people from Sprint and ATT have the phone in their hands today, while we gotta wait almost 3 more weeks before the first shipment..

it's a complete joke
  6. justdhutch

justdhutch New Member

Thats not samsungs fault, that is verizon. They need the phone for an additional 2 weeks to have time to load all of their bloat on it. Remember all those stupid vzw/blockbuster/amazon etc.. apps you have already when you turn on your new phone? Yeah verizon gets paid to put all that $h!t on there before you get it.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

T-Mobile had some. Just not everywhere. The big markets got in some shipments today.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  8. ScarletBuckeye

Wasn't blaming Samsung, was blaming Verizon..but the reason is bullcrap when one whole carrier hasn't decided to release it yet. I'm just tired of getting jerked around, and I wish Verizon would just come out and give a reason why they are holding out on their phones for 18 days past the date Sprint, T-Mobile and ATT customers got their phones

These were the answers I got when asking VZN Support

Please don't give me that bullcrap, I don't need the company line, just say it's because we are adding things to the phone for "enhanced experience" while it's not, at least they told us the reason
  9. justdhutch

justdhutch New Member

Someone else posted this on another forum

"I called Verizon to see what they say about the shipping date and the Rep with a special title named Bianca, said the first batch of pre orders will ship 7/9 and I asked her why they were taking so long when ATT and sprint are shipping them today and she said Verizon is adding exclusive special features and software to make the phone better. They are adding freaking bloatware to ruin this wonderful phone. Just thought I would let everyone know."

That is a copy paste. They obviously aren't telling everyone that though.
  10. justdhutch

justdhutch New Member

Buddy of mine was just able to preorder his through tmobile finally. They wouldn't give him a estimated ship date though except "around the 27th".
  11. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

A particular store in my area got 65 yesterday, and still had 20 or so left this morning... they were all really shocked to get that many.
  12. JoDroid

JoDroid Member

Now on Verizon's website they are stating a 7/11 release date :disappointed:
  13. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

The 11th is for the people that order their phone from here on out. The ship date for people that ordered their phone when the pre order went live is still the 9th. for the people that ordered their phone in the last week or so their phones will ship on the 10th.
  14. JoDroid

JoDroid Member

Thanks jgmecarter....... The 9th is long enough :shocked-b:
  15. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I agree but if Verizon shipped the phone on the 21st we would probably be talking about how are phone never came and we do not know when out will be coming. So I guess it its a pick your poison typ of situation. if everything goes well we will get the greatest phone in the world in are hands in around 2 in a half Weeks
  16. ScarletBuckeye

I personally would rather have what ATT and Sprint is doing and at least start shipping them out, if i'm not in the first batch so be it, but at least I know they're releasing them
  17. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

Like I said pick your poison. I would be for what ever situation that put the phone in my hands first. But we are with Verizon so I guess we will have the phones in about to months
  18. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit New Member

Mark this thread, we will have our phones on 7/13/12. I figure they start being sent out 7/9 (monday) and i'll give VZW a WHOLE WEEK to get me my phone 7/13 (friday).. I hope they don't fail.
  19. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

when I ordered my daughter her phone on Thursday I asked them what day I would receive my phone. They told me that it would be in my hands no later than the 11th as long a there its no delays. But they also said that there would not be any delays she the first batch of phones. So the people that ordered the phone right away should be fine
  20. VoiceGuy

VoiceGuy Member

I agree with Lightnspirit. Ordered mine today at a VZW store and the confirmation email had a ship date of 7/11. The Rep said that if it was shipped then it should arrive on 7/13.