Release Date On Gingerbread???

kingsway8605

Reaction score
This is my first Android phone and I thought I had 30 days to return it, not 14. I'm stuck with it. I should have got the thunderbolt.
You're not stuck with a buggy phone. Return it! I had problems with my first X2, but the replacement is great. No complaints on the replacement phone. Verizon was great on the replacement too. Next day delivery and easy return. I've also been very pleased with the battery life, but I like having two batteries. The extended battery just arrived today.

Did you even read his post? Verizon recently changed their return policy to 14 days from 30 days and he didn't realize that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
Did you even read his post? Verizon recently changed their return policy to 14 days from 30 days and he didn't realize that.
Yes, I did!! However, he has a warranty issue and not a return issue. I had a problem with my X2 and returned it for a replacement without any issues and I admit it might've been within the 14 days. However, my son's Verizon iPhone had issues. I called Verizon it was past the 14 days (something around 21 days). Went through tech support and they agreed the phone needed to be replaced. Next day, we had a brand new iPhone delivered via FedEx.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Yes, I did!! However, he has a warranty issue and not a return issue. I had a problem with my X2 and returned it for a replacement without any issues and I admit it might've been within the 14 days. However, my son's Verizon iPhone had issues. I called Verizon it was past the 14 days (something around 21 days). Went through tech support and they agreed the phone needed to be replaced. Next day, we had a brand new iPhone delivered via FedEx.

yes, if the phone is malfunctioning, verizon will replace it as long as the user didnt create the issue. Had my OG droid replaced after a year of owning it at no charge.

Nitrostangs

Reaction score
I just went through 4 certified replacement Incredibles and with enough yelling I finally got them to send me something different which was a Droid X2. I have it for a couple dys and have had zero issues.

Tboy72

Reaction score
This is my first Android phone and I thought I had 30 days to return it, not 14. I'm stuck with it. I should have got the thunderbolt.
You're not stuck with a buggy phone. Return it! I had problems with my first X2, but the replacement is great. No complaints on the replacement phone. Verizon was great on the replacement too. Next day delivery and easy return. I've also been very pleased with the battery life, but I like having two batteries. The extended battery just arrived today.

I really should return it. The issue I am concerned about is that I see in the forums many users are reporting the same issues as what my x2 has. This makes me think it is more of a software issue and not just my phone.

The other issue is my x2 is rooted. How will that go over with Verizon if I return my phone? Would they know, would they even check? I would assume if they ship me a replacement I would have the new phone before they have my old one. Would they check that once they receive my old phone, and make me pay full price for the replacement, or even cancel my contract since I broke it when I rooted?

I have a good feeling I would experience the same problems with a replacement as I am experiencing now. I have this impression that Verizon just threw the X2 out there and now kind of forgot about it. I mean, where is the gingerbread update? Why don't we hear anything about it? The last I heard, Verizon rejected the update because it was too buggy. Now what? To be honest, I am about ready to just save up my money and get the charge or bionic or some other phone.

Haiasi

Reaction score
You are wrong. RAM in phone does not equal RAM available to phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Whether part of it is lost in the initial configuration or reserved as a private system-only resource, the phone still had the same amount of RAM available to the phone when it was constructed. How ever the phone saw fit to reserve a certain amount or how much was lost in the original configuration is a completely different angle of looking at it.

So if the phone had 512MB of RAM, that was the amount completely available for the phone before any is lost or reserved.

Not saying you're wrong, just that I think you took my explanation a little too literal and out of context.

And for those who are wondering how got such high quadrant scores (read my earlier post), it involved a lot of modifications including a near-complete removal of all blur, replacing most of the apps with AOSP versions and using a VERY lightweight launcher. There were also about 20 different scripts that I created to handle processes more efficiently, but that is a trade secret and may be released in the future in an app for purchase. Note:all the scripts I created are compatible with froyo 2.2+ for any device, so if I do release the app you could use it on any 2.2+ phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

rushmore

Reaction score
Great for you. But I owned the x2 and it was not functional for me. Reboots, lag, freezing, music skipping, etc. From reading users reviews, the majority of people with this phone are having the same problem.

PS if you did anything to your phone involving root access to improve performance, then you completely missed the point of my post.

I did not do anything to my phone to improve performance, therefore i did not miss the point. The phone is a good phone, with some minor performance issues that an update can fix. Every phone has flaws, regardless.

You are so confident that an update will fix it. The problem is hardware. The RAM is too low. Sure, Motorola could remove Motoblur, but do you really expect that to happen?

I suggest 512mb is fine, but Moto devs screwed the allocation up.

gTablet has same ram, chipset and OS. No audio pops, accumulating lag, consistent random reboots, or overheating. MP3s also do not freakout when multitasking.

The firmware in the DX2 is borking good hardware.

Last edited:

music life

Reaction score
Ok im getting pretty annoyed that gb isn't out yet. Im struggling with this phone. I have bad lag and at times things just plain don't work. I bought this thinking gb would follow within the next two weeks of this phone release.

As of now im dropping this phone when the bionic comes out. If im gonna have a pos phone it at least needs to be 4g

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Tboy72

Reaction score
Crap phone

I wish I could just return my crappy x2 and forget I ever had it. I bought it also thinking it would be updated soon. I also looked at several early reviews about the X2 and they boasted about how fast it was.

Why didn't any of them tell us how bad the software was. Why didn't they tell us it lags, crashes, reboots, force closes and generally runs like garbage.

What a joke. So much for honest early reviews.

MatthiasvW

Reaction score
Or possibly their units were fine.

As a lot of people have said, it seems like some phones are fine and others are very problematic. My wife and I received ours on the same day, and other than the music skipping issue (which I resolved by snapping in a nice class 6 microSD I had hanging around) mine's been great while hers has been nothing but trouble.

Odd, but widespread enough that it seems like it's happening.