Relatively major bug?

Reaction score
After the update, when I go to settings, and go to battery manager, and I click on the big battery icon to check usage statistics, it force closes automatically. is this happening to anyone else?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

wmnomore

Reaction score
You called it!
So much for bug fixes.

I see this in 2.4.5. Supposedly a factory reset fixes it. ?

OP
R
Reaction score
2.4.5? This update is 2.3.2

As for doing a factory reset to fix this....lol. if that's the case ill live without it.

celblazer

Reaction score
Someone else will have to answer that. I just happen to own the R2 phone and know the software that came with it. No updates to the software since I got it the day it came out. Sorry I can't help more.

OP
R
Reaction score
Someone else will have to answer that. I just happen to own the R2 phone and know the software that came with it. No updates to the software since I got it the day it came out. Sorry I can't help more.

So, what you should do is go to your settings, battery manager, click on the big battery icon that will show u battery usage statistics. Does it force close for you?

It force closes for me everytime.

celblazer

Reaction score
Sorry. yes mine does the same thing. Randomly it will start working just fine but most time it FC's on me.

OP
R
Reaction score
I think the original Droid 2 got the same firmware that the r2d2 Droid 2 got. I find it very odd that both models share the same obvious bug

heyhey

Reaction score
I'm running an unrooted r2d2 with 2.4.5 and it's exhibiting the same behavior.

Hey Hey

Sent from the Dagobah system via my Droid R2-D2.

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm thinking Motorola had this update ready the whole time, the r2d2 version was released september 30th, motorola could have started rolling the update out on that day since the software that we got today seems to have already been on the r2d2 version.

I could be totally wrong, my only point of reference/evidence is that both the original d2 and r2d2 versions share the same obvious bug of having the battery usage statistics app force close.

It just leads me to believe that they randomly decided to hold off on the update, for reasons that were obviously not to fix bugs.

adroid80

Reaction score
The same thing on my droid 2 after the update. I turned my phone on and off and then it seemed to work fine again. Try that.

heyhey

Reaction score
After reboot it works but soon after, the behavior re-manifests itself.

Hey Hey

Sent from the Dagobah system via my Droid R2-D2.

Rizzy99

Reaction score
I have been hearing about this problem for a while, i got my Droid 2 last month and have yet to have mine force close. I am still on 2.2

wmnomore

Reaction score
R2D2 has version 2.4.5 stock. It was dumped for us D2 owners to install.

This update (2.3.2) is for the D2 only and has the battery manager bug along with 2.4.5. Very frustrating as i use this often.

R2D2 has yet to get an update.
(this is in response to several prior post questions)